Millhouse Campaign Office - For Senate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:31:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Millhouse Campaign Office - For Senate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Millhouse Campaign Office - For Senate  (Read 360 times)
FairBol
United States

« on: April 17, 2023, 01:41:38 AM »

Information and news concerning my run for At-Large Senate (and possibly re-election campaign for LGC) will be posted here. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 03:14:56 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2023, 03:19:08 AM by FairBol »

Here's a quick look at what I've done as a member of the Lincoln General Court this term.  

The record shows that I have:

- Defended and protected the right of due process in gun cases ("Gun License Defense Act")
- Improved access to, and response time of, emergency services ("Modern Response Act")
- Limited the scope of a proposed "vice tax" (Amendment to "Don't Encourage Drug Use Act")
- Supported simplifying the regional legislative process ("Streamlining Amendment Adoption Amendment")
- Opposed any notion of maximum wages, or "penalty for success" ("Maximum Wage Law")

You may recall that, in my previous campaign, I pledged to work to defend basic rights, "let business do business", and protect law and order (as outlined in "The Millhouse Plan").  In terms of accomplishing these goals, I believe that I have helped Lincoln make great progress.  

Now, I wish to bring these ideals to the Atlasian Senate, and continue the work that has already been done in the General Court.  To do so, I need your vote.  

So saying, I once again humbly ask for your support for Senate, as well as re-election to the Lincoln General Court. I thank you for your time and consideration.  

- Dennis Millhouse
FairBol
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 08:54:55 PM »

:: is watching the election numbers as they roll in ::

FairBol
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 01:14:18 AM »

Conceding defeat in the race for LGC.  My hat is off to the winners. 

You've done excellent work and set a great example in the LGC this term, Fairbol, sorry for the loss. I hope you continue providing citizen input – they'll still need it methinks.

Thanks so much! I hope I did the region proud.  If you don't have the votes though...well, you don't have the votes. 

"Next time Gadget...NEXT TIME!!" Cheesy
FairBol
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 01:32:39 AM »

OK, now an update on the run for an at-large Senate seat. 

They're still "running the numbers" at this hour.  I'll be the first to admit that those numbers don't look great.  Nevertheless, I believe that this campaign still has life, at least as long as the results are not yet official. 

We have not yet seen a set of certified vote totals.  Thus, at this time, I have decided to hold off on any sort of concession speech. 

If in final certification, the official numbers indeed do show that I have come up short, I will immediately and graciously concede at that time.  Thanks for understanding. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 01:47:50 PM »

Another election update. 

There is a legal case challenging the official certification. Nevertheless, its possible outcome will not change the fact that, on this occasion, I have come up short of the mark. 

Therefore, I now concede defeat in my run for At-Large Atlasian Senate, and congratulate the victors on their successful campaigns.  In addition, I'd like to extend my best wishes for a productive session to the incoming Atlasian Senate.

Thank you very much for considering me for office. 

-- Dennis Millhouse
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies