The Imperial Herald-Tribune (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:50:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Herald-Tribune (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Imperial Herald-Tribune  (Read 2980 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: May 19, 2013, 09:08:09 AM »

When are we going to get rid of our silly names? I asked that earlier and was ignored by our legislature.

If I remember correctly, you asked right before we were swallowed up by procedures. I don't know how the other legislators feel, but at this point I'm sitting back and letting the new Emperor propose any constitutional changes. One of the big issues he ran on was constitutional change and I thought he might like to be the one to have first crack at how and what should be changed.

I'm still waiting for SJoyce. Honestly, given that Constitutional reform was in SJoyce agenda in the last campaign, I though that it was the first issue to deal with and not because I'm waiting proposals from our Gov, but because I think it's a gubernatorial prerogative to open the debate in a specific thread of his election (we talked something about this issue before). The debate should be open to all the citizens of the South, which should be encouraged to submit their proposals like legislators and any Southerner official. FTR, this tabloid, ahem, newspaper is called 'Imperial'. Procedural issues have capital importance as well, but it would be funny to have to change words like 'IDS' or 'Emperor' if we finally change the Imperial nomenclature. I think that legislator Hashemite deserves recognition for the procedural bill, on the other hand. It's certainly a task more appropriate for experienced than for newbies like us. Perhaps it's not the funniest matter in the Universe. Besides, after a polarized campaign focused in that infamous nuclear bill, I got tired and bored and I only stayed in the Legislature because I hoped to see those crucial reforms discussed. Given the paralysis, I must admit that I procrastinated and I was thinking in resignation, but Zanas took me by surprise.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 10:16:55 AM »

I'm still waiting for SJoyce. Honestly, given that Constitutional reform was in SJoyce agenda in the last campaign, I though that it was the first issue to deal with and not because I'm waiting proposals from our Gov, but because I think it's a gubernatorial prerogative to open the debate in a specific thread of his election (we talked something about this issue before).

I have already issued a proposal for some Constitutional changes I would like to see made in both my office and the introduction thread. If anybody would like to sponsor them then go right ahead.

The debate should be open to all the citizens of the South, which should be encouraged to submit their proposals like legislators and any Southerner official.

All citizens are welcome to give input.
I'm still waiting for SJoyce. Honestly, given that Constitutional reform was in SJoyce agenda in the last campaign, I though that it was the first issue to deal with and not because I'm waiting proposals from our Gov, but because I think it's a gubernatorial prerogative to open the debate in a specific thread of his election (we talked something about this issue before).

I have already issued a proposal for some Constitutional changes I would like to see made in both my office and the introduction thread. If anybody would like to sponsor them then go right ahead.

The debate should be open to all the citizens of the South, which should be encouraged to submit their proposals like legislators and any Southerner official.

All citizens are welcome to give input.

Your proposals are welcome but I was talking about opening the debate in a specific thread, as we talked in the Legislature. You are the one who has the duty and the prerogative. Use the Imperial Almanac or a new thread, but open the debate giving a public announcement in order that every citizen in the South is informed.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »

I think people is impatient, at least this is the impression that I have reading some replies here.
The Constitutional debate may go in parallel with the normal legislative work. There's still a considerable docket and issues may suffer more delay, which is not good for the region. In my opinion you should open a thread in this board -not in the Regional Government one- now and let the people have their say. On the other hand I think that it might be a good thing proceding to debate the articles in an orderly form, in order that the people don't get lost in the discussion.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 04:42:44 PM »

I have returns saying former Speaker Zanas, from Alabama, is going to retain his seat by a somewhat narrow margin.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 04:46:03 PM »

Sorry, I meant Zanas of Alabama is going to retain the seat for Labor Party. I forgot I was the former Labor Legislator Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies