Most spiritual moment. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:27:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Most spiritual moment. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most spiritual moment.  (Read 593 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: July 18, 2021, 01:09:24 AM »

I thought this would be an interesting topic, even if my response isn't necessarily the most conventional.

It was my first kiss. I'd participated in sacraments, performed rituals, prayer, exaltation through song but that first kiss was genuinely the most rooted, but completely unrooted experience of my life as awkward and scrappy as it was. It was both release and validation. Queerness as spirituality; 'Andrew you were right'. Sex came later, with a different man but as wonderful as that was and is, there's something really otherworldly about this human ritual, this connection that even sex doesn't really capture.
"Greek erotics has the advantage of being more ideal due to its unrealizability." (HERDER)
Trust me, as a closeted gay person, the first kiss is very real and amazingly ideal.

lol, how is his experience unreal when it occurred? Very tough philosophical question 4 u :^)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 01:47:37 PM »

I thought this would be an interesting topic, even if my response isn't necessarily the most conventional.

It was my first kiss. I'd participated in sacraments, performed rituals, prayer, exaltation through song but that first kiss was genuinely the most rooted, but completely unrooted experience of my life as awkward and scrappy as it was. It was both release and validation. Queerness as spirituality; 'Andrew you were right'. Sex came later, with a different man but as wonderful as that was and is, there's something really otherworldly about this human ritual, this connection that even sex doesn't really capture.
"Greek erotics has the advantage of being more ideal due to its unrealizability." (HERDER)
Trust me, as a closeted gay person, the first kiss is very real and amazingly ideal.

lol, how is his experience unreal when it occurred? Very tough philosophical question 4 u :^)
HERDER didn't mean the animalic Venus (emotions&copulations), but the human one (desire&erotics), which is - even in its heterosexual variant - per se unfullfillable: As soon as a hunter realizes, that his supposed prey has captured him long before he fired his first shot; that the supposedly pure virgin is all too open for him - he must be quite stupid to continue pentrating her. Man is never long good enough for reaching his target. And even if he can sully the concrete person, what he is really longing for remains a clean temple.
Afleitch I believe is in a civil partnership that has lasted a decade or more. He is getting, from what I have viewed in his posts; consistent stimuli of desire, copulation, erotic foreplay, and emotional reaction.

You understand you are making two contradictory statements by saying one cannot get these from a hetero relationship, right?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 12:28:00 PM »

HERDER didn't mean the animalic Venus (emotions&copulations), but the human one (desire&erotics), which is - even in its heterosexual variant - per se unfullfillable: As soon as a hunter realizes, that his supposed prey has captured him long before he fired his first shot; that the supposedly pure virgin is all too open for him - he must be quite stupid to continue pentrating her. Man is never long good enough for reaching his target. And even if he can sully the concrete person, what he is really longing for remains a clean temple.
Afleitch I believe is in a civil partnership that has lasted a decade or more. He is getting, from what I have viewed in his posts; consistent stimuli of desire, copulation, erotic foreplay, and emotional reaction.

You understand you are making two contradictory statements by saying one cannot get these from a hetero relationship, right?
But i clearly said, that You can get copulation aso. ("Venus animalis"). It's just, that the "Venus caelestis" is realiter unfullfillable in a hetero- and even more so in a homosexual relationship. The wording of HERDER was really not hard to understand.
Well it is easy when you don’t pack it in fluffy allegories instead of speaking to the point.

What then separates a hetero and homo relationship then in order for it to be easier to live a fulfilling life?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 08:41:11 PM »

But i clearly said, that You can get copulation aso. ("Venus animalis"). It's just, that the "Venus caelestis" is realiter unfullfillable in a hetero- and even more so in a homosexual relationship. The wording of HERDER was really not hard to understand.
Well it is easy when you don’t pack it in fluffy allegories instead of speaking to the point.

What then separates a hetero and homo relationship then in order for it to be easier to live a fulfilling life?
HERDER alone was already clear enough, i expressed it as simple as possible - obviously You do not want to understand it.
No, what I did get from the passage is that Herder wasn’t a fan of just sticking it in all the holes exclusively.

I’m not sure how Herder’s wish to get a handjob every so often is related to any of this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies