SUSA Ohio: McCain by 4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:17:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  SUSA Ohio: McCain by 4
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUSA Ohio: McCain by 4  (Read 1457 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2008, 02:16:10 PM »

McCain 49%
Obama 45%

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=43154ee9-1bca-4042-84df-131e90cc13ad

Party breakdown is heavily skewed towards the Democrats yet MAC is still ahead.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 02:17:06 PM »

Seems to be the consensus that McCain is up by 3-4 in Ohio. It looks like he'll have a pretty good shot at holding that state.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »

He has an excellent shot at winning OH if he stays ahead nationally...indeed, even if Obama wins by 1 or 2, I still think it's possible for him to lose Ohio.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 02:20:20 PM »

The good thing:

At "Is your mind already made up ?", Obama leads by 1.

So there's enough time to win over the ones who might still change their mind.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 02:21:02 PM »

Obama trailing by 4 in Ohio, but leading by that same amount in VA?

Inconceivable
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 02:25:04 PM »

Obama trailing by 4 in Ohio, but leading by that same amount in VA?

Inconceivable

it's highly unlikely, but I do think Palin gets much more support in OH than in VA.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 02:28:01 PM »

Is Ohio really that much more pro-life (48%) than Virginia (39%)?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 02:29:13 PM »

Is Ohio really that much more pro-life (48%) than Virginia (39%)?

I don't know any numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 02:30:17 PM »

Well, fine, we don't need Ohio if we have Virginia.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 02:32:17 PM »

Doubt it.  If McCain carries OH, he almost certainly carries VA.

Look, OH will probably be something like GOP + 1-2% against the national average.  VA will be about the same as that if even more.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »

Looking similar to 2000 where Bush held this type of lead on Gore, eventually winning the state with 50-46%
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »

Looking similar to 2000 where Bush held this type of lead on Gore, eventually winning the state with 50-46%

Did Ohio poll that closely in 2000? Gore wrote it off early...
Rococo4

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 03:01:42 PM »

I dont know if Gore wrote it off, but there wasnt the emphasis like there was in 2004
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 03:03:29 PM »

I dont know if Gore wrote it off, but there wasnt the emphasis like there was in 200

I don't think Gore wrote it off, but the only state that he outspent Bush on was Florida.
The polls showed that Ohio would go narrowly Bush, Pennsylvania would go narrow Gore, and that Florida would determine the winner.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »

I dont know if Gore wrote it off, but there wasnt the emphasis like there was in 2004

My memory is that Dems weren't polling that well in Ohio and had no organization, and Gore made a strategic decision to focus on other states. Then, on Election Day, he did much better than expected. That was the start of the Dems' focus on that state for the upcoming election. 
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 03:04:07 PM »

Gore pulled his ads out of Ohio in the final weeks.

Bush really lost ground in the last week or so of the campaign. Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Oregon, and even Delaware were considered very possible Bush wins....and Bush didn't win a single one of those. Without New Hampshire...wow....New Hampshire...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »

Republican 35% (35%): McCain 89% (82%); Obama 7% (13%)

Democrat 44% (47%): McCain 19% (20%); Obama 77% (75%)

Independent 17% (16%): McCain 45% (39%); Obama 44% (45%)

Conservative 30% (32%): McCain 80% (83%); Obama 17% (13%)

Moderate 37% (40%): McCain 44% (36%); Obama 51% (55%)

Liberal 13% (19%): McCain 17% (15%); Obama 77% (84%)

(denotes SUSA, Jun. 20-22, 2008)

Top issue: the economy - Obama 52%; McCain 44%
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 08:27:21 PM »

White Democrat problem. Hopefully they'll come to their senses and vote for their economic survival.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »

White Democrat problem. Hopefully they'll come to their senses and vote for their economic survival.

So White Democrats should look to Obama as their economic savior instead of picking themselves up from their bootstraps and helping themselves?

When I faced economic hardship when Bill Clinton was president.. I never blamed him or the democrats for my troubles it was due to my own irresponsibility that got me in my hardship...but you know what. I got myself out of it, all without one single handout or red cent from  the government

That's the problem with democrats their always looking for the government to save them
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 09:47:28 PM »

That's the problem with democrats their always looking for the government to save them

Agreed, it's all about the free market and especially deregulation.

Hell, the housing market/mortage/financial institution collapse is a great indicator of how well right-wing economic policies and deregulation work!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 11:14:54 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2008, 11:30:24 PM by sbane »

So White Democrats should look to Obama as their economic savior instead of picking themselves up from their bootstraps and helping themselves?

When I faced economic hardship when Bill Clinton was president.. I never blamed him or the democrats for my troubles it was due to my own irresponsibility that got me in my hardship...but you know what. I got myself out of it, all without one single handout or red cent from  the government

Well there is a difference between Mccain and Obama in that everyone making less than 100,000 or so will get a higher tax cut under Obama. Overall Obama's tax cut won't contribute to the deficit as much as MCcain's reckless tax cut for the wealthy in our society. This will lead to less inflation, a hidden tax that hurts the poor the most. So in these tangible ways democrats are better for the middle and working class. Now as for actual job creation we can argue about it all day, but the economy has grown more under democrats and there has been more job creation under democrats. That is just fact. If there is a correlation is the bigger question.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 11:16:02 PM »

The idea of Obama cutting taxes is clearly campaign mythology.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 11:16:28 PM »

Well there is a difference between Mccain and Obama in that everyone making less than 100,000 or so will get a higher tax cut under Obama. Overall Obama's tax cut won't contribute to the deficit as much as MCcain's reckless tax cut for the wealthy in our society. This will lead to less inflation, a hidden tax that hurts the poor the most. So in these tangible ways democrats are better for the middle and working class. Now as for actual job creation we can argue about it all day, but the economy has grown more under democrats and there has been more job creation under democrats. That is just fact. If there a correlation is the bigger question.

It's statistically significant.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 11:20:05 PM »

The idea of Obama cutting taxes is clearly campaign mythology.

And you have some kind of proof? Democrats have a history of cutting taxes for the middle class so I don't see why Obama wouldn't do it either. He also has a team of respected economists advising him and they will be partial towards tax cuts. I think that is a reason why he has been a little iffy on the tax raise on the rich too. He has said he will cut taxes first and then raise taxes on the rich only when the economy picks up.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 11:28:54 PM »

Well there is a difference between Mccain and Obama in that everyone making less than 100,000 or so will get a higher tax cut under Obama. Overall Obama's tax cut won't contribute to the deficit as much as MCcain's reckless tax cut for the wealthy in our society. This will lead to less inflation, a hidden tax that hurts the poor the most. So in these tangible ways democrats are better for the middle and working class. Now as for actual job creation we can argue about it all day, but the economy has grown more under democrats and there has been more job creation under democrats. That is just fact. If there a correlation is the bigger question.

It's statistically significant.

Like 940 heads and 60 tails?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies