I may find out if Pawlenty is the running mate today... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:53:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  I may find out if Pawlenty is the running mate today... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I may find out if Pawlenty is the running mate today...  (Read 26672 times)
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« on: August 25, 2008, 02:13:33 AM »

This thread is painful.  Phil is mopping the floor with the counterarguments.

He looks like a sure loss.  I don't care how nice he is.  McCain has invested way too much into hammering Obama for inexperience to then turn to someone who has none.  It would be suicide to do that now.

Two terms as governor beats any Senator for executive experience.  (Bayh was governor before Senator.  Not Biden.)

I think that, in 15 seconds, I just came up with the outline for the most devastating ad of the campaign, and if you don't think they would run it, and if you don't think it would be effective, then you don't know nothin' jack.

HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 02:17:56 AM »

I'm just gonna let that hang there.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 02:33:47 AM »

Ummm... what?  First off, I made no claims about Bayh/Biden one way or the other, so you must truly be a dreaming things up.

Your point was that a two-term governor has no experience, "none."  I brought up Bayh because he was a two-term governor before he was a Senator, so he has executive and legislative experience.  Biden has never been anything but a Senator and has no executive experience whatsoever.

But then you brought up Ron Paul, which is its own variant of Godwin's Law.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 03:01:20 AM »

And the reason I brought up Ron Paul as a superior choice, is because, at least if we got him we would get the money and the fan club.

At the expense of literally millions of otherwise McCain voters.  Ron Paul and Alan Keyes are the only two I can think of capable of that.

Ridge's base of power is larger than the state of PA, but even if it weren't, ability to carry PA does alot for us.

If there were reason to believe Ridge could deliver Pennsylvania, or Romney could deliver Michigan, they might be worth the risk.  Polls suggest otherwise.  Even so, pinning an entire electoral strategy on Pennsylvania is… eccentric for a Republican.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 03:10:47 AM »

You are obviously trying really hard not to understand what I am saying,

I apparently have a lot of company.

Good night.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »

Mitt Romney is not my favorite guy on earth, as everyone knows.  But if you don't think he helps in Michigan, New Hampshire, Nevada, and (a little bit) in Colorado then maybe politics isn't the sport for you.

If Romney helped so much in New Hampshire, wouldn't he have done better in the primary there?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies