What do you think is the political future of Michigan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:13:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What do you think is the political future of Michigan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do you think is the political future of Michigan?  (Read 1339 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« on: September 08, 2021, 01:24:44 AM »

2016 Michigan to me seems like the Republicans' version of 2008 North Carolina.  A bare win during a perfect storm, but where the exact demographic coalition needed to win never manages to manifest itself again for another 3-5 cycles.  I suspect it stays healthily to the left of PA and WI
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 08:35:40 PM »

2016 Michigan to me seems like the Republicans' version of 2008 North Carolina.  A bare win during a perfect storm, but where the exact demographic coalition needed to win never manages to manifest itself again for another 3-5 cycles.  I suspect it stays healthily to the left of PA and WI

This seems accurate except I don't think it will be that far to the left of PA because I think the first sentence also describes Pennsylvania.  No Republican can match what Trump did there and it will probably recede to a 2-3 point Dem state.

Unlike Michigan, Pennsylvania has trended right in every election cycle since 2004.  Biden's PA margin was less than half of that in MI, and he won PA only with a plurality. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies