"Raise the Standard" Coalition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:33:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  "Raise the Standard" Coalition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Raise the Standard" Coalition  (Read 5036 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« on: November 26, 2004, 08:35:09 AM »

Friends,

This idea has been brought up before but I think there now may be enough concensus and enough concern to do something about it. If this forum is overrun by trolls or random friends of current posters who are just there to abuse the results of an election, then there is very little hope for our future. The time has come to raise the posting standard. I would place the new standard at 50 posts, though I would welcome any number above 18.

I do not wish in any way to discourage new people from joining the forum. But we do have a clear problem here that must be solved. People should spend a little time around here, learning about the diversity of parties, ideologies, and people before exercising their right to vote.

If you believe as I do that it's time to Raise the Standard, then we need to start talking about this and getting legislation back on the table that will fix this problem.

I agree Don, I will help you in your efforts on this issue.

I don't see a huge problem. What about people who have verified registrations yet don't have 50 posts. Would their registrations be delcared invalid, or would it not include them?

Easy...Just declare a deadline. Whoever registers before the deadline only needs 18 posts, after they will need the higher number.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies