"Raise the Standard" Coalition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:56:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  "Raise the Standard" Coalition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Raise the Standard" Coalition  (Read 5034 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: November 26, 2004, 12:38:05 PM »

I agree fully with this. When I had 18 posts I barely knew what was going on. I had to create a thread just so that I could ask questions. 50 posts would give people time to get to know the forum and get a feel for how things are done.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 09:53:57 AM »

How about a citizenship test?  Once you reach x posts, you can send the filled-out test to the SOFA.  If there are any answers wrong, that person will send the test back and the applicant can change the answers they missed and re-submit the test.  Once they give in a perfect test, their registration will take effect.
I don't support that. Having a test may scare some prospectives away. I do like what was put forward by ReddeafeatBush04 of having minimum registration times to be a position. We all know that a person with 70 posts probably will not make a good Senator nor  a man with 120 posts make a good president and the required amounts of time will make sure that people know the system before running.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 09:01:55 PM »

Hey, I just found this post (I've been away.)

I'd like to point out that there are people with only about 40 posts who read this forum all the time....like Matt.  He's only got a few posts but he lurks all day, and I'm sure there are many like that who CAN make an informed decision.

Who the hell is Matt?

We probably dont know him because he lurks around and only has about 40 posts.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 09:57:30 AM »

Well it would help. Only if we wanted to interview each and every person and give a registration/citizenship test, both of which I consider unexceptable, this is the only way to try and prevent tomatosoupping.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 10:09:03 AM »

there is no effective way to prevent tomatosouping....One can get 50 posts in less than an hour, so it's not going to stop much.  However, raising the limit does disenfranchise educated lurkers.
Their aren't many of them. Matt is the one that was said earlier and he has 46 posts if he just got 4 more through 4 random posts then he would be fine. These random lurkers could just get to 50 and then stay around and vote and read. It wouldn't be much different then having it at 18 except 50 posts takes longer to get and would lead to better informed voters. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies