Rubio Ridge ticket? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:46:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio Ridge ticket? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rubio Ridge ticket?  (Read 1781 times)
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 30, 2015, 07:10:42 PM »

I could see Ridge being considered. His strengths (swing state, experience, balance of young Senator with elder statesman, echoes Rubio's message of foreign policy strength) outweigh the negatives (out of office since 2004, pro-choice.)

Someone who was considered in 1996 doesn't have a very good chance of still being considered in 2016.
John Kasich may hope otherwise.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 09:44:54 PM »

I could see Ridge being considered. His strengths (swing state, experience, balance of young Senator with elder statesman, echoes Rubio's message of foreign policy strength) outweigh the negatives (out of office since 2004, pro-choice.)

Someone who was considered in 1996 doesn't have a very good chance of still being considered in 2016.
John Kasich may hope otherwise.
Kasich ran in 2000, not 1996. Plus he has a very successful and current stint as Governor under his belt. Ridge hasn't had a position for over a decade.
I get that Kasich's in a different position than Rubio.

My point was that he was considered in 1996. At the time, he was a young midwestern congressman who had just become chairman of the budget committee. In some ways he was quite similar to Paul Ryan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies