Statement from the Union Party Chairman on the Deletion of Hermit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:16:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Statement from the Union Party Chairman on the Deletion of Hermit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Statement from the Union Party Chairman on the Deletion of Hermit  (Read 1006 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: December 10, 2004, 10:03:14 PM »
« edited: December 10, 2004, 10:07:35 PM by htmldon »

Friends,

I am overwhelmed with grief that our candidate for Senate, Hermit, has deleted himself from the forum.   We have missed out on the service of a truly great Atlasian and for that we are truly sorry.  It is also an especially sad moment for our Party as we have lost our brightest hope for elected office in this early moment in our Party's history.

Fortunately, there is another candidate in this race that is equipped to provide the same caliber of leadership that Hermit would have offered.  That candidate is WMS, and I only regret voting so early so that I could not have made him my first preference.

I do want to thank Reaganfan, Dubya, and others for making Hermit their first and second preferences.  Your confidence and loyalty is greatly appreciated.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 10:15:55 PM »

Huh?  I didn't "strongly object" to Nation's candidacy and I made him my second preference.

I wasn't thrilled with the circumstances of the election, but that's life.

While I do not wish to involve myself in your party's internal affairs, I am curious as to why you would support WMS when you seemed to strongly object to Nation in his Presidential candidacy. Nation and WMS have nearly the same political compass scores, and are (or were at the time, Nation has since moved slightly left) both in the same quadrant (just barely in the Populist quadrant). Was there perhaps something other than mere issue positions that led you to object to Nation?

I guess I'm just curious.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 02:34:44 PM »

Please do not refer to me as "on the bottom" of Hughento. Smiley

I thought Don's objection to Nation was that Don was on the bottom of the opposing Presidential ticket.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies