Statement from the Union Party Chairman on the Deletion of Hermit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:19:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Statement from the Union Party Chairman on the Deletion of Hermit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Statement from the Union Party Chairman on the Deletion of Hermit  (Read 1010 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« on: December 10, 2004, 10:07:03 PM »

While I do not wish to involve myself in your party's internal affairs, I am curious as to why you would support WMS when you seemed to strongly object to Nation in his Presidential candidacy. Nation and WMS have nearly the same political compass scores, and are (or were at the time, Nation has since moved slightly left) both in the same quadrant (just barely in the Populist quadrant). Was there perhaps something other than mere issue positions that led you to object to Nation?

I guess I'm just curious.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 10:09:32 PM »

There's a very simple explanation to this, and it doesn't take too many words to spit it out: the political compass sucks.

Perhaps, but if I'm not mistaken, Nation's populism was one of the reasons for Htmldon's objections to him, and the Compass, despite its flaws, has often been used by the UAC and other parties as a basic measuring stick of ideology.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 02:35:46 PM »

One of two things:
1. It will count for Hermit, and if he wins, he will not be able to serve, and a special election will be held.
2. Because Hermit is not a user, he cannot recieve votes and all his votes will be treated as if they were for an imaginary candidate

I would support option 2. His votes should automatically default to the 2nd preference.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies