Poll: Who will win Ohio in 04?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:28:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Poll: Who will win Ohio in 04?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Poll: Who will win Ohio in 04?  (Read 12703 times)
lidaker
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 0.88, S: -4.67

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2004, 12:26:16 PM »

Where's the onesidedness in my statements?

You are saying that the USA supports Israel as they are unaware of the Palestinian situation and talk about Israel's refusal to follow international law, you seem to be ragging on Israel and promoting Palestine with your statement.

Allright, I might have have crossed the line a little bit there, however it's a fact that Israel doesn't care much about what the UN says. And I don't think that the current US administration takes into account the situation in Palestine. People who have visited Palestine and talked with Palestinians tend to have a more balanced view, for example NYT columnist Thomas Friedman.

Well, the UN is controlled by a majority of corrupt dictatures. And sometimes even democratic countries, such as Sweden, fail to stand up against that.

While there's a need for reform in the UN it's not true by any means that it's controlled by corrupt dictatorships. Just as it's not true that the European foreign policy is run by the evil French or that European politicians sees the Chechnya situation the way Berlusconi does. I think you're reacting to some of my views that you consider to be a little bit naive and pro-European, however I think that our positions in fact are quite the same, or at least quite similar. Smiley

That's possible...it's easy to get carried away. And, admittedly, I have a tendency to play devil's advocate...controlled is a strong word, yes, but the majority of members are, and some resolutions have been passed that were very odd. European foreign policy isn't run by the evil French, but almost... Wink

On the Chechnya thing you're right, of course...I was just saying...

And yes, I often react to naive and pro-European views somewhat vehemently...but I react just as badly to the opposite radical anti-Europeanism. Smiley

I agree. Few things in this world are as irritating as hearing a vänsterpartist talk about the U.S. Smiley Or hearing a reactionary republican talk about Europe...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2004, 12:27:34 PM »

Where's the onesidedness in my statements?

You are saying that the USA supports Israel as they are unaware of the Palestinian situation and talk about Israel's refusal to follow international law, you seem to be ragging on Israel and promoting Palestine with your statement.

Allright, I might have have crossed the line a little bit there, however it's a fact that Israel doesn't care much about what the UN says. And I don't think that the current US administration takes into account the situation in Palestine. People who have visited Palestine and talked with Palestinians tend to have a more balanced view, for example NYT columnist Thomas Friedman.

Well, the UN is controlled by a majority of corrupt dictatures. And sometimes even democratic countries, such as Sweden, fail to stand up against that.

While there's a need for reform in the UN it's not true by any means that it's controlled by corrupt dictatorships. Just as it's not true that the European foreign policy is run by the evil French or that European politicians sees the Chechnya situation the way Berlusconi does. I think you're reacting to some of my views that you consider to be a little bit naive and pro-European, however I think that our positions in fact are quite the same, or at least quite similar. Smiley

That's possible...it's easy to get carried away. And, admittedly, I have a tendency to play devil's advocate...controlled is a strong word, yes, but the majority of members are, and some resolutions have been passed that were very odd. European foreign policy isn't run by the evil French, but almost... Wink

On the Chechnya thing you're right, of course...I was just saying...

And yes, I often react to naive and pro-European views somewhat vehemently...but I react just as badly to the opposite radical anti-Europeanism. Smiley

I agree. Few things in this world are as irritating as hearing a vänsterpartist talk about the U.S. Smiley Or hearing a reactionary republican talk about Europe...

Exactly. Smiley
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2004, 08:14:42 PM »

I said Kerry & I don't think that it will be as close as people predict.  I think it will be a 5% lead on Bush.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

I said Kerry & I don't think that it will be as close as people predict.  I think it will be a 5% lead on Bush.

But you think Kerry will win everywhere...including Arkansas,
heartscreamer

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2004, 03:53:17 PM »

BUSH
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2004, 06:55:23 PM »

But you think Kerry will win everywhere...including Arkansas,

Semi-true.  I'm an optimist!  Wink  Look @ my map.  Bush won a lot of states on my map, just not OH or AR.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2004, 05:27:04 PM »

I have decided to bump this up, after our new poll showing Bush down 7.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2004, 03:16:41 AM »

If Kerry does win OH, it will be by a large plurality, say 49% to 40%. Kerry will not win a majority.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2004, 10:19:24 AM »

If Kerry does win OH, it will be by a large plurality, say 49% to 40%. Kerry will not win a majority.

Who gets the other 11%?

I could see Kerry wining Ohio 52-47% or so.
klrbzzz
Rookie

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2004, 06:48:33 PM »

Kerry will win Ohio, but it will be very close.
Rococo4

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

Bush will still win.......there is no way that poll is right.  Kerry may be up slightly here, but not by that much.  I have said it before and I will say it again - Kerry is too liberal to win the southern part of the state.  Bush will carry Ohio.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2004, 07:24:08 PM »

Kerry is too liberal to win the southern part of the state.

He may not have to
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2004, 07:53:50 PM »

If there is enough turnout in the northeast and eastern part of the state, the southern part of the state may become irrelevent.  Plus the city of Cincinnati itself might swing away from Bush, which would almost balance out the GOP enduring strength in the suburbs.
klrbzzz
Rookie

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2004, 07:59:14 PM »

Bush will have another strong showing in the Cincinnati area, but it will be a different story in Toledo, Cleveland, Canton, Columbus, etc.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2004, 08:12:28 PM »

The area yes, but within the city limits?  I think that Kerry will win within the city limits of 95% of cities taking up 1+ CD's (Chicago, LA, NYC, DC, Philly, Boston, Cincinnati, Cleveland, ATL, Detroit, Vegas, SF, etc).  Bush will win 95% of the places that are refered to as cities but don't take up an entire CD (Carson City, Billings, Lincoln, Mobile, Athens, Harrisburgh, Fort Wayne, etc).  We'll see who wins the suburbs.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2004, 08:49:43 PM »

*worships RightWingNut*

You mentioned my hometown!

Cheesy Grin Grin

Wink Smiley

Anyway...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]