Atlasia Clean Energy Act of 2010 (on the President's Desk) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:51:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia Clean Energy Act of 2010 (on the President's Desk) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia Clean Energy Act of 2010 (on the President's Desk)  (Read 4700 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: May 10, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »
« edited: June 10, 2010, 05:36:05 PM by Give-em Hell Yankee!!! »

Atlasia Clean Energy Act of 2010

Section I: FL 20.1 (Carbon Tax Act) is hereby repealed

Section II
1)   A cap and trade system is hereby established, which delegates to the government the responsibility of setting a limit on the total amount of greenhouse gases that can be emitted nationally in the country of Atlasia.
2)   The cap will be set between the periods of 2011 to 2050, allowing regulated entities to hold rights to emit greenhouse gases.
3)   The initial cap will be set at 2005 emission levels.
4)   The cap must be reduced over time, at the digression of the President, in order to reduce total carbon emissions emitted by industry into our atmosphere.  
5)   After allowances are initially distributed based on cause III in Section II, a set number of entities will be free to buy and sell.
6)   From 2011 to 2013, the legislation will allocate 85% of allowances to industry for free, auctioning only the remainder.
7)   The amount of emissions emitted nationally must either hold or be reduced over time at the digression of the President.
Cool   Emissions must be reduced to 17-percent of 2005 levels by 2020.
9)   Emissions must be reduced to 80-percent of 2005 levels by 2050.

Section III
1)   Electric utilities must meet 20% of their electricity demand through renewable energy resources and energy efficiency by 2020.
2)   Subsidies will be provided for new clean energy technologies and energy efficiency, including renewable energy, carbon capture and sequestration, electric and other advanced technology vehicles, and basic scientific research and development.
3)   Consumers will be protected from energy price increases over 25-percent from current levels.  

Section IV
1)   Electricity providers who supply over 4 million MWh to citizens are required to produce 20 percent of its electricity from renewable sources (wind, solar, geothermal) by 2025.
2)   Companies will be required to pay a fee if they do not meet this standard by 2025.
3)   The corporate tax rate will be cut 3.5% from current levels beginning in 2011 and running until 2025 to encourage industry to invest in clean technology.

Section V
1)   Any company that is 15% below its allotted carbon emissions cap will receive an additional 3.5% cut on their corporate taxes in addition to the cut outlined in clause III of Section IV.
2)   The aim of clause I of Section V is to provide incentives to reduce carbon emissions beyond the status quo to better our environment.

Sponsor: AH "Washed up has been, who needs to be primaried" Duke99 Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »

I'm not a senator, but I would like an amendment cutting the burning of fossil fuels by 20%.

Completely unrealistic and impossible any time in the next 20 to 25 years.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 06:43:24 PM »

With all do respect to my friend Duke, I am afraid I can't support this, as I made clear to him. I don't want any limits on carbon emissions because I think they are by design meant to reduce US economic strength relative to China and other countries, and work to beneft certain corporations at the expense of others, while providing miniscule reductions in carbon emissions. However, if I have to choose, I would rather the honest stupidity of the Carbon tax as opposed to the dishonesty of a stupid finanical trading scheme.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2010, 08:12:34 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee (AFL-CIO-NC) »

You know Yankee, i have no problem with you not supporting this. I really don't. I hope you don't over inflate yourself to believe otherwise. Your vote is about as relevant as i am as a whole. But going off and calling me a has been who needs to be primaried is a bit much, donchathink? Once you get to be my age and become irrelevant and equivalent to half a senate seat, you'll look back and understand how hard it is for someone like me to be taken seriously anymore. Tongue

The only reason I call you that is 1) I don't think its true and I am trying to get you to stop saying it about yourself by making your sick of hearing it. Tongue 2) as a finger to the idiots who say that about you. I take this kind of thing very seriously, thats why I did it Tongue. I will change it just the same though. You need to stop beatin yourself up and project some confidence. Look at Fritz, Jedi, and Peter. They have been around far longer then you and they don't say that kind of thing.  I also find it funny that you would connect that to my stated opposition to this bill. The two are unrelated.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 08:27:58 PM »

I'm not a senator, but I would like an amendment cutting the burning of fossil fuels by 20%.

10%?

Maybe in a time window of 15 to 20 years.

We aren't going to get off fossil fuels by any substantial amount till they build a working Fusion Reactor and efficient Hydrogen Fuel Cells with hydrogen produced from Water Electrolysis using Electricity derived from the Nuclear Fusion. Thats 50 to 75 years from now.

The best alternative that would currently work is Coal liquification which gets git by these Carbon limitation efforts. It is profitable any time oil is above $45 a barrell compared to Ethenol which Atlasia quit subsizing a while ago and is  not only is not profitable compared to oil, it actually uses oil to make it, more oil then is used to make 1 gallon of gas to make 1 gallon of ethenol.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 09:31:40 AM »

10%?

We aren't going to get off fossil fuels by any substantial amount till they build a working Fusion Reactor and efficient Hydrogen Fuel Cells with hydrogen produced from Water Electrolysis using Electricity derived from the Nuclear Fusion. Thats 50 to 75 years from now.

The best alternative that would currently work is Coal liquification which gets git by these Carbon limitation efforts. It is profitable any time oil is above $45 a barrell compared to Ethenol which Atlasia quit subsizing a while ago and is  not only is not profitable compared to oil, it actually uses oil to make it, more oil then is used to make 1 gallon of gas to make 1 gallon of ethenol.
How about cutting the emissions of fossil fuels by 20%?

That is possible but it will take longer then most expect and cost a lot, but its feasible.

Didn't you already ask that question?

No, he didn't. He asked about consumption first then emmissions.

lol, usually I am the one who misses the subtle details like that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 04:29:13 PM »

10%?

How about cutting the emissions of fossil fuels by 20%?

That is possible but it will take longer then most expect and cost a lot, but its feasible.

Didn't you already ask that question?

No, he didn't. He asked about consumption first then emmissions.

lol, usually I am the one who misses the subtle details like that.
Like 20 to 30 years?

Depends really.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »

Its better then the current Carbon Tax but it also doesn't enrich Goldman Sachs/Enron type people.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »

Abstain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies