Aside from Griffin, Yankee, and Windjammer... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:40:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Aside from Griffin, Yankee, and Windjammer... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aside from Griffin, Yankee, and Windjammer...  (Read 2124 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 06, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »

...are there any active players who've been in Atlasia for over a year that are happy with the current state of Atlasia?  Someone joked that there didn't seem to be (I certainly can't think of any), but if it is indeed the case then we should really take a moment to reflect on that.  It seems pretty clear that only a tiny (albeit very loud and very verbose) minority of active players don't think that Atlasia should not continue to exist in it's current form.  This isn't even a controversial issue when you look at the numbers (especially once you remove zombies and people who haven't really been here long enough to get frustrated with the utter wasteland Atlasia has turned into).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 05:23:38 PM »

Atlasia needs to die off, but the people doing it right now for their own glory isn't the answer. All it is is showing us how sh*tty the game can be for everyone. I've never been so disgusted with this game as I am right now.

No one is doing that though, Duke.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 05:32:10 PM »

...so presumably my name is being dropped in the pursuit of political capital, or...?

Why would mentioning your name gain anyone political capital?  This attack doesn't even make sense on it's own terms (although I do like how even you aren't disputing the substance of the OP).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 06:04:58 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2015, 06:09:40 PM by Winter has come »

...so presumably my name is being dropped in the pursuit of political capital, or...?

Why would mentioning your name gain anyone political capital?  This attack doesn't even make sense on it's own terms (although I do like how even you aren't disputing the substance of the OP).

You're implying I'm against fixing the game.  Putting me and certain others on one side of the equation is a rallying cry for some; a way to accrue political capital for a cause. I haven't weighed in because it's an absolute custerfluck and people have knee-jerked historically against what I say and do on matters like these. Also, including that bolded part admits what you were trying to do here (otherwise, it wouldn't be a concern of yours worth noting) - you're so bad at this!

You are against fixing the game; I'm not implying anything.  Once again, regarding the bolded part, your attack doesn't even make sense.  So in your mind, pointing out that you didn't even bother to dispute the point I made means...err...what exactly?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 06:18:53 PM »

Why would mentioning your name gain anyone political capital?  This attack doesn't even make sense on it's own terms (although I do like how even you aren't disputing the substance of the OP).

You're implying I'm against fixing the game. Putting me and certain others on one side of the equation is a rallying cry for some; a way to accrue political capital for a cause. I haven't weighed in because it's an absolute custerfluck and people have knee-jerked historically against what I say and do on matters like these. Also, including that bolded part admits what you were trying to do here (otherwise, it wouldn't be a concern of yours worth noting) - you're so bad at this!

You are against fixing the game though.  Once again, regarding the bolded part, your attack/smear doesn't even make sense.  So in your mind, pointing out that you didn't even bother to dispute the point I made means...err...what exactly?

No, I'm not. I've been trying to fix it for years now, when many said it wasn't necessary and many others wanted to haggle over the most asinine of details. As far as I'm concerned, this recent dialogue is vindication! And again: you wouldn't have bothered to point out what I bolded (even if it's wrong, you thought you were making some clever point) if that's not what you were trying to paint by making this thread in the first place. It makes absolute sense.

Oh, and heads-up: the cool kids aren't going to like you any more for doing this.

You're against doing what is necessary to fix it (dissolving the current game and starting some sort of new election sim).  Regarding the bolded part, you're clearly not going to enlighten the rest of the world as to whatever point you thought you were making, but whatever.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 06:33:05 PM »

You're implying I'm against fixing the game. Putting me and certain others on one side of the equation is a rallying cry for some; a way to accrue political capital for a cause. I haven't weighed in because it's an absolute custerfluck and people have knee-jerked historically against what I say and do on matters like these. Also, including that bolded part admits what you were trying to do here (otherwise, it wouldn't be a concern of yours worth noting) - you're so bad at this!

You are against fixing the game though.  Once again, regarding the bolded part, your attack/smear doesn't even make sense.  So in your mind, pointing out that you didn't even bother to dispute the point I made means...err...what exactly?

No, I'm not. I've been trying to fix it for years now, when many said it wasn't necessary and many others wanted to haggle over the most asinine of details. As far as I'm concerned, this recent dialogue is vindication! And again: you wouldn't have bothered to point out what I bolded (even if it's wrong, you thought you were making some clever point) if that's not what you were trying to paint by making this thread in the first place. It makes absolute sense.

Oh, and heads-up: the cool kids aren't going to like you any more for doing this.

You're against doing what is necessary to fix it (dissolving the current game and starting some sort of new election sim).  Regarding the bolded part, you're clearly not going to enlighten the rest of the world as to whatever point you thought you were making, but whatever.

Oh really? Or maybe I was just keeping my mouth shut because whenever I've advocated for reform, a whole cadre of people knee-jerk against it. Looks like I can't even RIP anymore without some cretin being proactive in name-dropping, though.

At any rate, my Atlasian pay grade is too high to be debating anything of substance with those who have no influence whatsoever over affecting it, so bye-bye!

k
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies