What do you think that the other side does well? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:27:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What do you think that the other side does well? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do you think that the other side does well?  (Read 2222 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: March 19, 2015, 10:08:37 AM »

Exactly as it says. Liberals, what do you think that conservatives do well that you could learn from? Conservatives, what do you think that liberals do well that you could learn from? Commies and libertarians, what do you think each other do well and what do you think conservatives and liberals do well that you could learn from?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 08:52:12 AM »

I mean they control the means of production, which is a pretty big trump card

Indeed.

As for the Republican Party, I'd say they're a model of political organization to be emulated by the left. I wish we had a left-wing version of Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush somewhere.

The Democrats are brilliant in being able to convince the majority of workers in this country that they're on their side in spite of being bankrolled by Goldman Sachs and Google.

Libertarians have written a lot of really good stuff. Reason is one of my go-to magazines, even though I disagree with it on anything not directly related to civil libertarianism.

The far-right has likewise a few utterly brilliant polemicists. Radix is one of the better far-right journals, and even though everything they write is hateful bile, its incredibly well-written and I'm jealous at how articulate they are and the degree to which the far-right has been able to assemble itself as a viable alternative to the political mainstream in spite of it being in the political wilderness for close to 80 years. The far-right also handles sectarianism better than does the far-left, and seems to march under a single banner even when they do have significant disagreements. Communists could learn a lot from them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies