HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:09:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"  (Read 10797 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 07, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »

You know I give some of the hard leftist Sander supporters crap when I think they are being unreasonable. Now it's time to give it to Hillary >(. Blaming Bernie for her loss is just pathetic! Hey Hil alot of former president had hard primaries and you now what they did? Picked someone from their main rivals camp if not the main rival himself! FDR was a East-Coast progressive so in 32 he picked as his VP consecutive speaker of the house from Texas John Nance Garner, JFK had the same problem so he picked LBJ, Reagan picked his only primary threat in 80 in HW Bush as his VP, Obama struggled with Hillary WWC base so he picked WWC Joe Biden, and the man who freakin' beat you had challenged by Ted Cruz and the right wing Evangelical wing so he picked Mike Pence. The "damage" Bernie did to you in the primary could of been lessened if like all these other winners you picked someone from Bernie's wing if not Bernie himself over Tim Kaine  
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 01:26:43 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Biden was not from the opposite camp as he never endorsed Clinton in the primary. He got fewer votes in the Iowa caucus than Sarah Palin got for mayor of Wasilla. If Obama had true balls he would have picked Hillary.
But Biden did well with WWC which Obama needed. The point being Hillary picked someone from more or less her side in Kaine over someone more progressive to sure up the Sander's base
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 10:11:48 AM »

Imagine if John Kerry came out in with a book in 2005 all about how losing the election wasn't his fault.

John Kerry was still a senator in 2005. Hillary Clinton is private citizen.
This.

Not to mention--- She got upset by a reality television star. I want to hear what she has to say. Two days before the election I remember hearing a poll that 70 percent of Americans thought she was going to be the next president. Hell, she had Obama in her corner predicting a victory and most media outlets predicting a landslide. I know her haters want her to curl up in a cave somewhere but people are interested in hearing her perspective. If you don't want to hear it, it's pretty easy to tune it out. Strange how the people who dislike her seem to be the ones who can't get enough.
I'm fine with her perspective the problem is she seems to be just blaming everyone else for the loss. Like I ranted on it earlier the blame she is putting on Bernie is bs and comes off so unsympathetic on her part.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 12:41:37 AM »

I swear they are closer primiaries in modern history that didn't get this f**king bitter
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 11:51:52 PM »

Rip me to shreds all you want but what Hillary is right about rural America. Bernieceats have got to stop acting like "Trump won because of trade deals and 98% of rural whites voted for that reason" I've lived in upstate New York for 4 years during Obama's second term to the rise of Trump and what I saw is the same as Hillary said but also what liberal redneck has said, what Vice have shown in documentries have show, and heck what Masterjedi has said. Racial resentment toward minorities in big cities as the source of economic decline in the area is becoming a stable of rural culture. It's not even that new, Americans tendency of blaming minorities and other poor people for lack for lack of middle class progress over the rich and powerful is why socalism never caught on here over Europe during industrial age.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies