Atlas Republican Primary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:28:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas Republican Primary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you support for the Republican nomination for President of the United States?
RINO Tom
Cathcon
Goldwater
Santander
Higgs
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Atlas Republican Primary  (Read 1922 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: July 11, 2016, 07:30:13 PM »

Higgs. Only pro-life non-Trumper.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 07:49:05 PM »

Hate to pull an Out of Character here for a second...

If "non-Trumper" means "never voted for him and doesn't currently plan on it"...

That said, my platform would be incomprehensible garbage comprising trash from all walks of the ideological spectrum.

In fairness Cath, I can't tell what's in character and what's out of character these days, and you're not the only one that applies to.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 08:27:01 PM »

Hate to pull an Out of Character here for a second...

If "non-Trumper" means "never voted for him and doesn't currently plan on it"...

That said, my platform would be incomprehensible garbage comprising trash from all walks of the ideological spectrum.

In fairness Cath, I can't tell what's in character and what's out of character these days, and you're not the only one that applies to.

By all means, understandable.

That said, I did quite enjoy the thrashing Trump gave the collection of bozos arrayed against him, and I think it quite clearly displayed their weaknesses as candidates, and gave, in a sense, the people at the top "what they deserve". Any actual support I had for the man (and, given my own sarcastic psychosis, we'll never know the exact amount that was ever there) has been withdrawn, and I'll be honest: I voted the way I did--for Kasich--for a few reasons, one of them being my insurance policy against any future disaster.

I appreciate the honest take there. A part of me wants revenge: the heads of everyone responsible on a pike, followed by the heads of all the other political activists ruining America. But people are more than their political views, even the ones for sale. Deep down I know that somewhere.

On the day Trump won the primary I remember sitting down at my desk in my bedroom. I briefly turned around to see the crucifix on my wall and came to the realization that the Church is literally the only institution left I have any faith in. Not the government, the university, the Republicans, etc. All of them are abject messes. The whole world is an abject mess really. I've spent too much time in my life defending indefensible things for the sake of "the greater good" (ie. the Republicans beating the Democrats). And so, in real life anyway, I've found my own perspective a little different, no longer seeing people as allies or enemies based on whether they're Republicans or Democrats, saying things because they are true rather than because of what narrative they help. Altogether I care deeply about the content of positions but not about who wins the election. In a sense everyone has become my enemy and friend at the same time. It is a strange place to find myself.

But that is in real life. On here, I've mostly been the same depressive hack as usual I suspect. This place hasn't brought out the best in me generally, so I've been frequenting it less and less. It gives me little reason to frequent it, as I see no real hope in politics no matter who wins. No matter who wins we all lose. With Trump we can chuck out any pretense of loving our neighbor (especially our neighbor to the south) or with Clinton we can lose hope the progressives will somehow trip over themselves whilst trying to inflict their dystopia on the rest of us.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies