Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:33:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)  (Read 53955 times)
Firestorm
Rookie

« on: March 05, 2016, 01:06:06 PM »
« edited: March 05, 2016, 01:08:30 PM by Firestorm »

155 delegates will be awarded tonight, equal to Texas. Trump leads everywhere, should be a good night for him.
He'll sweep Louisiana; they love him almost as much as they do here in Alabama.

Leading by a good margin in Kentucky, and I think the Mainers like him too. I know he's got an edge in Kansas but, well, caucus. I'm expecting a Cruz win there, and it wouldn't surprise me if the other Cuban gets one of the others. F caucuses.
Firestorm
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2016, 01:24:16 PM by Firestorm »

A LOOOOOOT of people at that caucus site in Wichita on CNN, looks very CRUZ friendly

Yeah I can see Kansas going to Cruz here, people may call it odd, but I think the whole 'Trump does worse west of the Mississippi' narrative has some merit.
Did well enough in Nevada. They were also saying he would have trouble in the South, pre-South Carolina.
Firestorm
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 03:46:06 PM »

The more I hear about caucuses, state by state, the worse they sound.
Caucuses are shady and undemocratic. I could understand them being common in places like Mexico or Iran but they have no place in America. Caucuses are an abomination and state parties that run should have their offices sacked.
Firestorm
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:11:52 PM »

Has nothing to do with being a Democrat or Republican.
Or being fat or skinny, black or white or green, or whatever ...
It's called just being honest.

If you listen to the interviews of past Cruz college friends/acquaintances, who describe Cruz from the past .... you can only come to the conclusion that Cruz is "strange" in conversation or to be around with.
Sweet and simple. Sorry you don't want to see it.

From what I've heard of Cruz, it sounds an awful lot like someone with Schizoid Personality Disorder. I have it and I'm a lot like him (loner, disembodied convos, poor smiler), though I couldn't imagine a full-blown Schizoid wanting to or being good at holding public office.
Firestorm
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 06:50:43 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2016, 06:54:49 PM by Firestorm »

And its the job of sane politicians to stop them . Rubio and Kasich should stay in as long as possible to deny Trump and Cruz  getting over 50% of the delegates and then Rubio or Kasich win the nomination
The Establishment might be able to fuxxor Trump out of the convention with a minimum of rioting, if his replacement is Cruz and Trump promptly endorses Cruz. Taking Trump and Cruz both out in favor of two men who'll be lucky to score 25% of the popular vote? They would be signing their death warrants.
Firestorm
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 07:50:05 PM »

Trump won 57% in Clay County, KY to Cruz' 23%. No surprise there and I expect him to do very well in the rest of Eastern Kentucky. Strongly evangelical but not to the exclusion of all else, very conservative yet still far more registered Democrats than Republicans in many counties, poverty levels of 25% in some areas... the area was made for Trump.

(it helps that the caucus is still very primary-like there)
Firestorm
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM »

I heard that too.

Never mind that Trump will probably walk away with more delegates.
Firestorm
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 07:57:26 PM »

If trump can't do much better than 41-32 in coal country, he's going to lose Kentucky to Cruz.
He'll do well in Central KY too since he absolutely dominated across the line in Tennessee, I just think he'll do better in the east (and to a lesser extent the west, say Logan County). Kind of like how I could see his results in Georgia to know that he was probably going to do well in Alabama.
Firestorm
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 07:59:21 PM »

If Cruz wins Maine of all places, I think it can be safely assumed all future caucuses are Cruz territory.

Agreed though what states caucuses are left?  I though Idaho was what else?

Only Hawaii. Every other state is a primary.
Utah is a caucus, but he was probably going to get that anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies