Gold Standard Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:34:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Gold Standard Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gold Standard Act  (Read 5120 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: December 08, 2004, 04:59:13 PM »

Bono, Will the Federal Reserve still have its Supervision and Regulation powers? Right now the Federal Reserve also acts to regulate banks and to investigate fraud, scandal, money laundering and other criminal acts that may cause a bank to fail.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 06:33:01 PM »

Probably troy ounce since that is currently more widely used.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 06:03:31 PM »

Also another thing. What would happen to the Check Processing job of the Federal Reserve? Most of the Feds work, especially outside Washington, is in Check Processing. What do you plan to do with that branch of the Federal Reserve?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 11:43:26 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2004, 12:23:06 PM by ColinW »

I would ask that my Senators vote Nay on this bill. I haven't seen how the Gold Standard would better suit Atlasia than the current system. Also, as I have said before, this bill does not say what will happen to key areas of the Federal Reserve if it is shut down, including check processing and where the gold currently in Federal Reserve Vaults will go. For those reasons I implore my Senators and the remaining Senators to vote Nay on this proposal.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 11:55:56 AM »

I would ask that my Senators vote Nay on this bill. I have seen how the Gold Standard would better suit Atlasia than the current system. Also, as I have said before, this bill does not say what will happen to key areas of the Federal Reserve if it is shut down, including check processing and where the gold currently in Federal Reserve Vaults will go. For those reasons I implore my Senators and the remaining Senators to vote Nay on this proposal.

By default it will go all to the department of treasure.
Please, dear collegaues, ignore the backstabber.
Backstabber? I have never liked this bill. Just because I don't agree with ever single one of your positions doesn't make me a backstabber.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

I would ask that my Senators vote Nay on this bill. I have seen how the Gold Standard would better suit Atlasia than the current system. Also, as I have said before, this bill does not say what will happen to key areas of the Federal Reserve if it is shut down, including check processing and where the gold currently in Federal Reserve Vaults will go. For those reasons I implore my Senators and the remaining Senators to vote Nay on this proposal.

By default it will go all to the department of treasure.
Please, dear collegaues, ignore the backstabber.
Backstabber? I have never liked this bill. Just because I don't agree with ever single one of your positions doesn't make me a backstabber.

You yourself said you think the gold-standard is the better than the current system. The currenct funtions of teh Fed belonged to the department of treasure before the Federal Reserve Act. Since this repeals the Federal Reserve Act by default, those funtions go back to the Department of Treasure. It must take a great  bitterness to implore the senators to vote nay on account of that.
When did I say the the gold standard was better? I do not remember saying this and actually my first conversation with you about this bill was stating my opposition to it. Stop being a baby just because somebody doesn't agree with you all the time.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 12:22:52 PM »

I would ask that my Senators vote Nay on this bill. I have seen how the Gold Standard would better suit Atlasia than the current system.

Typo I meant haven't.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies