NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:55:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election  (Read 5979 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: November 10, 2016, 07:32:16 PM »

I guess since the Mexican Americans feelings are hurt we should stay in NAFTA and go to war with Russia over Putin Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 07:49:39 PM »

I guess since the Mexican Americans feelings are hurt we should stay in NAFTA and go to war with Russia over Putin Sad
Stop building strawmen
The poor Clinton corps and their feelings! A pity!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 10:13:53 AM »

The source for the premise of article, the Southern Poverty Law Center, is not an objective observer.  They are a liberal activist group that labels all kinds of constitutionally protected speech as "hate crimes".  The SPLC is a serial exaggerator.  I don't believe a word they say.

Has anyone forgotten that cinyc is a bigot?

The SPLC are a great organization that helps do tons of great research and defense to help minorities of all kinds. To say things like this is to undermine all of the great work they do. Of course, I don't expect you to understand this, since I bet you think defending people targeted by racists is a bad thing. They've done so much good for the African-American, Latino, Jewish, and LGBT communities. The world would be a darker place without this organization
lol the SPLC is a partisan organization that Morris Dees uses to blackmail corporations for donations.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 12:27:55 PM »

Trump supporters are merely taking their country back. Plenty of them think that Trump winning is an open door to going out to beat up or kill whoever they want. Problem with that logic is that the law still is in place and Trump isn't going to do anything to get his supporters out of trouble.
So why were people like you so violent against us? Where you trying to take your country back too? Or do you just like throwing eggs and threatening to rape blonde housewives because they happen to be Republican?

Did she deserve that? Is this ok? Is this allowed in a civilized, western democracy?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »

Trump supporters are merely taking their country back. Plenty of them think that Trump winning is an open door to going out to beat up or kill whoever they want. Problem with that logic is that the law still is in place and Trump isn't going to do anything to get his supporters out of trouble.
So why were people like you so violent against us? Where you trying to take your country back too? Or do you just like throwing eggs and threatening to rape blonde housewives because they happen to be Republican?

Did she deserve that? Is this ok? Is this allowed in a civilized, western democracy?

No, but she provoked them.
How? By walking into a rally?

And here comes the racist crap that white women are going to be raped. You are showing just who you are. Considering that there was much violence at Trump rallies and that a white, female reporter was repeated targeted for insults, I'd say that there is a real issue with Trump people. The anti-Semitic chants, the KKK throwing a rally to celebrate Trump winning. There are a lot of white supremacists who have some crazy ideas about what Trump winning entitles them to do.
Even when the people were threatening to rape her? A guy with a Mexican flag literally yells something out about raping her and that is just "racist crap" instead of an event that literally happened?

I know the old racist canard, but does that make every white rape victim attacked by anyone who isn't white a racist liar or something?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 12:49:02 PM »

Woah woah woah Krazen's been back?! Heh. Talk about '14 throwback.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 12:50:38 PM »

And here comes the racist crap that white women are going to be raped. You are showing just who you are. Considering that there was much violence at Trump rallies and that a white, female reporter was repeated targeted for insults, I'd say that there is a real issue with Trump people. The anti-Semitic chants, the KKK throwing a rally to celebrate Trump winning. There are a lot of white supremacists who have some crazy ideas about what Trump winning entitles them to do.
Even when the people were threatening to rape her? A guy with a Mexican flag literally yells something out about raping her and that is just "racist crap" instead of an event that literally happened?

I know the old racist canard, but does that make every white rape victim attacked by anyone who isn't white a racist liar or something?

Did you watch the YouTube video of that event? To me it's pretty clear that she taunted them at first.
If turning to smirk at a mob of hysterical protesters is enough to justify assault, than just about every American president might have been assassinated. Remember when Obama took that screaming "Dreamer" brat to task in Nevada ahead of the 2012 election? That was one of his best moments period.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 12:54:31 PM »

Assuming that this whole story is true, it really doesn't explain away the reason why white supremacists think that Trump winning gives them a blank check to do whatever they want. There are people out there posting names on lynching lists and acting as if Trump getting elected has suddenly turned the country into The Purge.
It doesn't, but it also doesn't explain why Clinton supporters and creeps like you think it is ok to bully, intimidate, harass, and terrify people either. This backlash you are seeing originates with the behavior of the many (mostly white, by the way) psychotic Clinton supporters.

Too bad President Trump Derangement Syndrome/PTDS (TM) can't be cured.

Assuming that this whole story is true, it really doesn't explain away the reason why white supremacists think that Trump winning gives them a blank check to do whatever they want. There are people out there posting names on lynching lists and acting as if Trump getting elected has suddenly turned the country into The Purge.
This, exactly. The violence on both sides is a direct result of Trump's rhetoric.
So, because he said something, than she should be assaulted in response?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 12:59:22 PM »

It doesn't, but it also doesn't explain why Clinton supporters and creeps like you think it is ok to bully, intimidate, harass, and terrify people either. This backlash you are seeing originates with the behavior of the many (mostly white, by the way) psychotic Clinton supporters.

This, exactly. The violence on both sides is a direct result of Trump's rhetoric.
I don't condone any of the violence on either side. I am just pointing out that, had Trump acted differently, this would not be happening.
Would it? I've been seeing a lot of (mostly) millennial violence long before Trump showed up. Look how they acted at Penn State when they fired Paterno. Look at the way they behave at speaking events on campus where controversial speakers give addresses? Those all have been underway long before Trump got on the escalator.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 01:00:50 PM »

Did you watch the YouTube video of that event? To me it's pretty clear that she taunted them at first.
If turning to smirk at a mob of hysterical protesters is enough to justify assault, than just about every American president might have been assassinated. Remember when Obama took that screaming "Dreamer" brat to task in Nevada ahead of the 2012 election? That was one of his best moments period.
I already said it wasn't.
Then what does her "taunting" (lol if that is "taunting" by the way) them have to do with anything? What is the implication you were trying to make?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 01:02:42 PM »

I already said it wasn't.
Then what does her "taunting" (lol if that is "taunting" by the way) them have to do with anything? What is the implication you were trying to make?

That she didn't just simply "walk into a rally", as you said.
And that invites an egging and physical abuse how....?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 01:22:22 PM »

I don't condone any of the violence on either side. I am just pointing out that, had Trump acted differently, this would not be happening.
Would it? I've been seeing a lot of (mostly) millennial violence long before Trump showed up. Look how they acted at Penn State when they fired Paterno. Look at the way they behave at speaking events on campus where controversial speakers give addresses? Those all have been underway long before Trump got on the escalator.
Yes, our generation is one of the most liable to protest, even more than young people have been throughout history. But we are also the most diverse, the most liberal, and the most tolerant generation of our time, and when Trump speaks about immigrants, about Muslims, and about the "other" as a whole, as if they are a problem or a disgrace (deplorable?), it doesn't sit well with us. Look at Bush- after 9/11, he called for America to reject Islamophobia, and to reconcile with our Muslim neighbors and friends. Trump has responded to terrorist attacks in the opposite way- alienating Muslims, calling for discrimination against them, and by extension horrifying those who actually care about the state of our cultural discourse.
Ok, so even if all of the claims you make about what Trump said were true, how does that justify your response? I know it doesn't make you feel good. But I don't go around punching people or throwing things at them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 01:46:01 PM »

Yes, our generation is one of the most liable to protest, even more than young people have been throughout history. But we are also the most diverse, the most liberal, and the most tolerant generation of our time, and when Trump speaks about immigrants, about Muslims, and about the "other" as a whole, as if they are a problem or a disgrace (deplorable?), it doesn't sit well with us. Look at Bush- after 9/11, he called for America to reject Islamophobia, and to reconcile with our Muslim neighbors and friends. Trump has responded to terrorist attacks in the opposite way- alienating Muslims, calling for discrimination against them, and by extension horrifying those who actually care about the state of our cultural discourse.
Ok, so even if all of the claims you make about what Trump said were true, how does that justify your response? I know it doesn't make you feel good. But I don't go around punching people or throwing things at them.
I never said anything about "justification". That is a strawman. As I said, I don't condone violence on either side, and while I support the right to peacefully protest, I do think that the actions on both sides have transcended this right. But at the same time, if you taunt someone with a gun, and you get shot, you are at least partially responsible. It doesn't make the shooting at all OK, but you should have had better judgement in the first place. There's a reason that there's such a thing as "fighting words".
The taunting that would lead to that hypothetical shooting doesn't matter. Once someone pulls the trigger, that and that alone matters until it is resolved. If the shooting isn't ok, it isn't ok, and the status of the alleged taunting (again, how is that taunting on her part exactly?) shouldn't be referenced period. You keep bringing it up, so I should be rather suspicious about your sincerity here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 02:07:15 PM »

Not surprising but sad to hear. You knew Trump's victory would be a victory for bigotry and hatred and you voted for him anyway. While it's not a good thing to say politically, Hillary was absolutely right that a large number of Trump supporters belong in the basket of deplorables.
No? It isn't a victory for bigotry and hatred because opposing illegal immigration isn't bigoted or hateful?

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 02:24:42 PM »

Not surprising but sad to hear. You knew Trump's victory would be a victory for bigotry and hatred and you voted for him anyway. While it's not a good thing to say politically, Hillary was absolutely right that a large number of Trump supporters belong in the basket of deplorables.
No? It isn't a victory for bigotry and hatred because opposing illegal immigration isn't bigoted or hateful?

Policing neighborhoods based on religion? Supporting racial profiling? Calling for a test to screen radical Muslims (but not radical racists/sexists/homophobes in general)? Calling immigrants our greatest economic problem, when they actually add to the economy? Referring to different cultures as monolithic blocks ("the Hispanics", for instance)?

Yeah, there's no problem here Roll Eyes
I'd imagine that if there are neighborhoods in Brussels that seem to keep surfacing every time a place in France gets bombed, the Belgiums would police it. This doesn't mean all Muslim neighborhoods. He never said that. You assumed it and the media ran with it.

Racial profiling is something I oppose. But I also oppose nuclear war over muh Syrians, unrestricted immigration and NAFTA, so the scales aren't really balanced here.

The pros and cons of immigration aren't as concrete as you say. They are in your America. Not so much here, where it is up for debate still.

The radial sexists/homophobes in general aren't the ones causing the bloodiest problems. I oppose a religious test. I prefer a blanket regional ban on all people (including Israelis) from that region from entering the country for extended amounts of time.

There wasn't any racism in the Bernie Sanders campaign certainly....wait, there is no problem here right?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 01:28:35 PM »

Lot of deplorables in this thread. But what else can you expect from a forum that consists 99% of white boys?

All of my friends who are not white, or are women, or who are immigrants, or are Muslims, or are LGBT, or are disabled, or are young people like me whose immediate future is the Sociopathic Reality Star-in-Chief and his literal white supremacist and fascist supporters (both here and abroad - the global Far Right are the only people outside the US actually cheering this madness. Well, that and noted autocrat whose domestic opponents mysteriously turn up dead on a routine basis  Vladimir Putin. Oh, and ISIS. Can't forget ISIS) - all of them are scared. Genuinely scared. Some are fearful for their own lives, and those of their families.

But continue to gloat about the fact that you normalized fascism and political candidates who sexually harass and assault women (including minors) in America. You're really brave!
Your emotional outburts don't change the fact that you lost. Try harder next time. Quit lashing out and start reaching out. The GOP learned that lesson when we lost in 2012.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 02:12:55 PM »

On a serious note, I'm not running for political office, so no, I don't have to "reach out."
1. Neville Chamberlain probably saved millions of lives if anything by holding off the war.
2. Personal insults won't work. Don't waste the time or bandwidth on them with me.
3. When you keep ending up on the losing side, just remember why you are there.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 05:38:08 PM »

As mentioned earlier:

We have literally thousands of crimes committed in protest of the election in the past week and 8 cities+ overrun with riots by the left. Businesses (dozens and dozens and dozens) destroyed, electrical utilities destroyed, police cruisers vandalized, fires set and Trump supporters literally beaten.. totaling hundreds of felonies or misdemeanors committed by these liberal nuts: not a single damn word or denouncement by the Democrats. (Surprise!)

meanwhile there are maybe a couple dozen national reports of incidents by stereotypically far right cousin lovers, with a handful of the bag having absolutely weak claims to intentionally build the narrative or being shown or admitted to as blatant hoaxes.

What a joke, don't even begin to start bitching when the representation of your party is making a complete SHAME of your voting base. You guys just don't have the stones to step up and admit how ridiculous it is because they are the type of voters that pretty much keep your party even alive in elections.

Tough facts, huh.
Were Democrats to denounce the protests, they would only end up legitimizing them. Seriously: you think that thousands of protestors are going to calm down just because Obama or Clinton told them "please stop"? They'd wind up like John Boehner, unable to contain the anger of their party, and suddenly a pariah because of it.

Lol, did you say the same about Trump?

H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.C.Y.

What good do it do Boehner?

MUH RACIST GRAFFIT Sad Sad Sad Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 02:11:26 PM »

On a serious note, I'm not running for political office, so no, I don't have to "reach out."
1. Neville Chamberlain probably saved millions of lives if anything by holding off the war.
2. Personal insults won't work. Don't waste the time or bandwidth on them with me.
3. When you keep ending up on the losing side, just remember why you are there.
When I think you can't get worse, you prove me wrong dude. 
So what does this contribute to the conversation or advance your goal/side of the debate?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »

For the record, I was the victim of road rage today because of my Trump sticker, but I guess I don't matter. That is the second incident since the election and vastly more serious than the last.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »

For the record, I was the victim of road rage today because of my Trump sticker, but I guess I don't matter. That is the second incident since the election and vastly more serious than the last.
lol
1. I love how you denigrate all of the hate crimes based on what might've been somebody's notion that you cut them off.
2. Then I love how you are taking your ball and going home because no one seems concerned about an incedent they don't know about.
3.Finally I love how you mention the incidents in totally vague terms so we have absolutely no idea what happened. Now I'm not questioning whether it happened, but it is odd that you just say it as if it's a blanket comment rather than bringing it up as an anecdote.
You raise decent points and are very perceptive. Yes, there are details that I have left out. I'll explain my reasoning.

1. I didn't cut anyone off. I fully retraced my steps and remember the very moment the woman in question got behind me. She pulled out of the gas station on W. Tennessee Street and didn't start honking and harassing me until around Ocala. She had to have been on my tail for at least a solid two or three miles. I'm assuming she's also a student at TCC because after I slammed on my breaks to ward her off she kept on going past me and didn't confront me. If she was angry enough to behave as she did from the beginning, then she would have been angry enough to get out and attack me afterwards. In short, she was just a hostile, aggressive bitch who got caught up in road rage.
2. It (and the prior one) were both posted about. I just got called a liar and people went back to crying about the hurtful chalk note left outside the Muslim Student Society meeting at the University of Nowhere.
3. Check out the Forum Community Update thread, the complete story is there. Still, I left out details (like the fact that the woman in question was a heavyset black woman about my age) because they weren't relevant to my story and would result in the subject being distorted by the usual suspects who'd rather distract with posts like "why is her race relevant?" etc, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies