Which candidates of the opposing party could you see yourself endorsing in 2018? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:17:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which candidates of the opposing party could you see yourself endorsing in 2018? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which candidates of the opposing party could you see yourself endorsing in 2018?  (Read 1160 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: October 03, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »

Basically what the title says, but you can also add 2017 politicians.
Personally, I'd vote for all Democratic Senate and (I guess) House candidates, because I believe that the Congressional GOP should be heavily punished by voters for their horrible obstructionism, gross incompetence and pandering to extremism.
But with governors, the picture is different. I'd probably vote for all swing-state Democratic gubernatorial candidates because Republican gerrymandering is terrible and redistricting is coming, and for all red state Democratic candidates because the Republicans there are always too conservative. But there are 4 Republican governors whose re-election campaigns I could see myself rooting for:

1. Phil Scott- so far, I like him both as a politician and a person, and the Democrats seem to have pretty bad candidates (especially the kid). He also can't do any damage in redistricting, obviously. So barring something drastic, I'll probably support him.
2. Bruce Rauner- I really didn't think to support him, but he endeared himself to me with his pro-choice and other liberal positions. Besides, the Illinois Democratic party might be the worst Democratic party, and their candidates range from bad to meh. Leaning towards supporting him rn.
3. Charlie Baker- he seems to be a fine governor so far, the Democratic field seems pretty weak and unexciting, and I doubt he can do much gerrymandering in Massachusetts. So barring the entrance of an exciting Democrat like Joe Kennedy III or Seth Moulton, I'll probably support Baker.
4. Larry Hogan- while I am disappointed in what seems like pretty conservative governance from him, the Democratic field seems terribly unexciting. So I'm leaning towards supporting Hogan, too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies