HB 20-28: Immigration Reform Act (Voting) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 07:08:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 20-28: Immigration Reform Act (Voting) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 20-28: Immigration Reform Act (Voting)  (Read 880 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« on: November 06, 2019, 10:01:22 PM »

This has my support, however I recognize that the current majority probably has no interest in stopping illegal immigration.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 08:30:10 AM »

Nay
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 05:35:48 PM »

There are ways of approaching illegal immigration that don't involve denying people healthcare.

This would only have applied to non-emergency healthcare. They wouldn't be turned away in an emergency room if it became an emergency.

Even in countries with healthcare offered "free" to it's citizens, noncitizens do not get free healthcare.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 09:02:36 PM »

There are ways of approaching illegal immigration that don't involve denying people healthcare.

This would only have applied to non-emergency healthcare. They wouldn't be turned away in an emergency room if it became an emergency.

Even in countries with healthcare offered "free" to it's citizens, noncitizens do not get free healthcare.

Yes, but I don't see much evidence that it really reduces rates of immigration. It does, however, have a massive negative impact on people's lives.

Offering people access to "free" services they aren't entitled to and haven't paid into also has a massive negative impact on our economy.  We shouldn't be giving noncitizens benefits that are meant to go to people who actually belong here and need them.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 06:10:01 AM »

Yes, but I don't see much evidence that it really reduces rates of immigration. It does, however, have a massive negative impact on people's lives.

Offering people access to "free" services they aren't entitled to and haven't paid into also has a massive negative impact on our economy.  We shouldn't be giving noncitizens benefits that are meant to go to people who actually belong here and need them.

They certainly do pay in by doing very difficult jobs for extremely low wages.

This isn't a set up I like, its very clear that migrants are being exploited for cheap labour. However, I don't see how this measure improves this situation, either for the migrants or for the wider immigration issue.

That's not what it means to pay into the system.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 12:23:11 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies