Where will the parties be under the Millennials? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:17:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Where will the parties be under the Millennials? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where will the parties be under the Millennials?  (Read 2683 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: February 03, 2016, 07:33:56 PM »

The GOP will get even more blustery, even more TRUMP-ish, not less. But I think it will be less about policy and more about fire and energy. I think the party will begin to take a harder turn anti-trade, more of a Jacksonian foreign policy, more anti-immigrant, ect. Maybe move to the center on some other issues, but largely remain the prevailing "conservative" party. The Paulite wing will remain small but there will be a few that pop up and talk about how that is the way forward for the GOP, but alas, I don't think it will be.

The Democrats will probably embrace the Sandernistas, though it will be a continous fight between them and the more powerful establishment of the party.

I know our more "elitist" (not saying you're elitist, but the types of Democrats who have elitist views toward Republicans) Democrats might want a world in which the GOP is entirely ruled by Trumps and Pat Buchanans, but there simply isn't a time in the near future where the GOP is going to become anti-trade.  Obama's trade deal wasn't even Obama's; his party voted overwhelmingly against it, and Republicans voted overwhelmingly for it.  Some loud, dumba*s anti-trade Republicans are never going to outnumber the more business-oriented ones, especially in the leadership.  The GOP, at the end of the day, is still largely funded by business interests ... no matter how much they need to pander to some dumbs to remain in office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies