Newsweek - Biden's approval at all time low
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:59:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Newsweek - Biden's approval at all time low
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newsweek - Biden's approval at all time low  (Read 444 times)
Obama24
Rookie
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2024, 07:16:54 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/joe-biden-s-approval-rating-falls-to-all-time-low/ar-AA1o2d65?ocid=BingNewsSerp

''Biden's 38.7 percent average approval rating in the 13th quarter is lower than any of the previous nine U.S. presidents whose first term coincided with the same period, dating back to Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1953.

Biden's most recent quarterly average approval rating is down slightly from the previous quarter's score of 39.0 percent and 40 percent in the 11th quarter.

The falling average approval rating for Biden arrived after seeing a near all-time low of 38 percent in the most recent Gallup poll, conducted April 1-22. The lowest rating Biden has recorded in Gallup polls was 37 percent in April 2023.

The low average approval rating in the 13th quarter arrived as the president has received frequent criticism for his response to Israel's war in Gaza. The latest quarter has coincided with pro-Palestinian protests starting at New York's Columbia University breaking out across the nation.

"In this election year, when Biden is hoping U.S. voters reward him with a second term, he is needing some positive momentum to put him in a stronger position to be reelected. However, that didn't occur during the past three months, with Americans no more positive about how Biden is doing his job than they were in his prior quarter, or for most of the past three years," Gallup senior editor Jeffrey M. Jones wrote while sharing the polling group's latest results.

"This is the case even after Biden delivered his election-year State of the Union speech in March, a chance for him to sell his accomplishments directly to the American people.

"With about six months remaining before Election Day, Biden stands in a weaker position than any prior incumbent, and thus faces a taller task than they did in getting reelected."

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 08:01:44 PM »

Making up for that, and giving Biden a shot, is the fact that he is against the most polarizing political figure in the country.
Obama24
Rookie
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 08:32:30 PM »

Quote from: Progressive Pessimist link=topic=591238.msgt9469337#msg9469337 date=1714698104 uid=17323
Making up for that, and giving Biden a shot, is the fact that he is against the most polarizing political figure in the country.

Thing is, it says Trump at the same Presidency, had an an average of 46. Biden's is at 35%

His Gallup approval rating for the week end of April 28th - May 2nd, 2020 was 49%.

Obama's approval's approval for the first week of May 2012 was 49%

W. Bush's for the same period in 2004 was 69%

Clinton's in the same period in 1996 was 51%

George HW's was 40%

Obama24
Rookie
United States
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 08:33:34 PM »

Quote from: Progressive Pessimist link=topic=591238.msgt9469337#msg9469337 date=1714698104 uid=17323

Thing is, it says Trump at the same Presidency, had an an average of 46. Biden's is at 35%

His Gallup approval rating for the week end of April 28th - May 2nd, 2020 was 49%.

George HW's was 40%

Reagan's was 52%

Jimmy Carter's for the first week of May 1980 was 43%

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 08:35:44 PM »

George HW's was 40%

Reagan's was 52%

Jimmy Carter's for the first week of May 1980 was 43%

We're far more polarized these days. Biden will get a percentage of the vote well above his approval rating.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 08:42:18 PM »

Something, something Obama and Clinton's approvals were bad too! No. Not like this. Anyone with semi-decent foresight knew this campaign was sailing like the Titanic by last summer
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2024, 11:07:17 PM »

He's at 45/51 on You Gov
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2024, 11:31:27 PM »

I compared Biden and Trump's favorable ratings on 538, and found that Trump has better ratings. Oh, and that was using Biden's favorable ratings to keep it more apples to apples. His approval ratings were even worse.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2024, 12:34:26 AM »

I compared Biden and Trump's favorable ratings on 538, and found that Trump has better ratings. Oh, and that was using Biden's favorable ratings to keep it more apples to apples. His approval ratings were even worse.

Yeah but Biden has better Approvals than Trump in blue states not red states so it doesn't matter he is at 45 in Blue states as I stated above, lol are you for Trump, it sounds like it
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2024, 12:58:14 AM »

Oh look, this article again. It seems like we've been hear "OmG BiDeN aT hiS ALL TIME LOW!!" a couple times a month for over year now, yet every time we get this talking point, it always the same high 30s.

The haters and doomers need new material.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2024, 01:18:27 AM »

Oh look, this article again. It seems like we've been hear "OmG BiDeN aT hiS ALL TIME LOW!!" a couple times a month for over year now, yet every time we get this talking point, it always the same high 30s.

The haters and doomers need new material.

It's going to be a long six months of this, and then the occasional: "Biden rebounds" headline only to be followed by another of these.
GAinDC

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2024, 11:02:20 AM »

They only do stories on his lowest readings to push the "Biden is doomed" narrative, but they never report on the polls that have his support well into the 40s.

We just had a poll that showed Biden's support among likely voters at 46%. That's still not great but obviously a lot better than 38 or 39.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2024, 11:56:52 AM »

I’ll say it again;

The people who disaprove of Biden are left democrats and republicans. I can easily see Biden winning with low approvals because a large segment of the people who disapprove of him absolutely despise and fear a Trump presidency.

If Biden can make some way on economic issues he’ll be set, he just has to get the left democrats who disapprove to turn out
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2024, 04:28:49 PM »

I’ll say it again;

The people who disaprove of Biden are left democrats and republicans. I can easily see Biden winning with low approvals because a large segment of the people who disapprove of him absolutely despise and fear a Trump presidency.

If Biden can make some way on economic issues he’ll be set, he just has to get the left democrats who disapprove to turn out

I'm still clinging to this as well. I don't think polls are properly capturing how hated Trump really is by most of the country. It's an identity for many. Biden being "disapproved of" does not necessarily equate him with being as virulently hated (unless you're a Republican). Realistically, I don't see Biden getting less than 48% of the popular vote. It just becomes a matter of how much he needs to beat Trump in it by.

However, what is it going to take for the nose-holders to get on board, and be reflected in polling? Trump is on trial and openly aspiring to authoritarianism. What more are they waiting for?
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2024, 04:37:48 PM »

I’ll say it again;

I'm still clinging to this as well. I don't think polls are properly capturing how hated Trump really is by most of the country. It's an identity for many. Biden being "disapproved of" does not necessarily equate him with being as virulently hated (unless you're a Republican). Realistically, I don't see Biden getting less than 48% of the popular vote. It just becomes a matter of how much he needs to beat Trump in it by.

However, what is it going to take for the nose-holders to get on board, and be reflected in polling? Trump is on trial and openly aspiring to authoritarianism. What more are they waiting for?

The closer to the election we get the higher Biden’s polling will be when people run out of time to hem and haw about how bad both are. When the proverbial Trump gun is to their heads they’ll break for Biden.

One thing skewing the data is Kennedy. I’d be comfortable as a rule of thumb taking 50-60% of Kennedy’s “voters” and adding them to Biden. He’s due to collapse like Perot did in 92. People like the idea of third parties, but usually they loose support as the election gets closer
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2024, 04:38:53 PM »

I’ll say it again;

The closer to the election we get the higher Biden’s polling will be when people run out of time to hem and haw about how bad both are. When the proverbial Trump gun is to their heads they’ll break for Biden.

One thing skewing the data is Kennedy. I’d be comfortable as a rule of thumb taking 50-60% of Kennedy’s “voters” and adding them to Biden. He’s due to collapse like Perot did in 92. People like the idea of third parties, but usually they loose support as the election gets closer

I hope you're right, and I've been waiting for this as well, I'm just running out of patience.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2024, 04:49:07 PM »

I’ll say it again;

I hope you're right, and I've been waiting for this as well, I'm just running out of patience.

In 92 Perot collapsed in the summer, I suspect Kennedy will after the conventions and the campaigning starts in earnest
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2024, 05:43:52 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2024, 05:47:40 PM by Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers »

Adam Schiff and Biden are winning 61/37 if Gavin Newsom runs for Prez he is odds on fav to beat Harris for sure in the primary.

Trump/Biden/Harris are Lame Ducks, anyways

I guarentee you this won't be a repeat of 2016 by far with Newsom

Garvey is a nerd he didn't run a single ads but he got into runoff with splintered vote with Porter. If Biden wins CA by those margins he will get to at least 270 and 276 with NV

But, Trump is right DOJ do have witch hunts for all Prez even Biden and Clinton were corrupted because Prez politics is corruption period but he was wrong on J6
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2024, 06:09:52 PM »

I’ll say it again;

In 92 Perot collapsed in the summer, I suspect Kennedy will after the conventions and the campaigning starts in earnest

I do agree that Kennedy will collapse from where he is, and will be lucky to get 4% of the popular vote on his best night.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies