What Should The Age of Consent Be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:53:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What Should The Age of Consent Be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
21+

12-

None

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: What Should The Age of Consent Be?  (Read 5357 times)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« on: August 14, 2011, 11:55:40 PM »

Go
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:35:03 AM »

I'm not really comfortable with having blanket ages for things because individuals are so different in their competency and teenagers are way more capable than typically assumed now (or at least, when treated with respect they are). Although if I had to set an age limit, I'd probably change it to something like 13 or 16 with age based exceptions so teens could have sex without one or both of them having to worry about being on a public sex offender list the rest of their life.

That's actually how I feel.  I think that, ideally, things like this should be considered on a case-by-case basis.  There are plenty of youngins who are quite like what we'd consider "mature" and "grown up," and then there are people my age who aren't that much more "mature" than a sixteen year old.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:44:41 AM »

I'm not really comfortable with having blanket ages for things because individuals are so different in their competency and teenagers are way more capable than typically assumed now (or at least, when treated with respect they are). Although if I had to set an age limit, I'd probably change it to something like 13 or 16 with age based exceptions so teens could have sex without one or both of them having to worry about being on a public sex offender list the rest of their life.

That's actually how I feel.  I think that, ideally, things like this should be considered on a case-by-case basis.  There are plenty of youngins who are quite like what we'd consider "mature" and "grown up," and then there are people my age who aren't that much more "mature" than a sixteen year old.

Yeah, although obviously that's problematic. Enforcing the varying ages we have now is already a headache especially with the amount of people that lie or have fake IDs. Just imagine having to guess who was ruled competent without even having a generalization like age to fall back on.

Oh, of course, which is why I said ideally.  But actually, what I had in mind was something where individual cases of possible statutory rape and such are treated in such a way, rather than everyone taking a "capability to consent to sex" test every year, or somesuch.  Though that too would be problematic.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 01:04:09 AM »

As for the MILF phenomenon that is sweeping the nation there should be a law that states if a woman is impregnated by a teenager 8 years younger than her he has no child support responsibilities, ever.

Oh cool so I could bang that 31 year old Swedish chick without contraceptives.  I know what you meant, I'm just having fun.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 01:19:51 AM »

As for the MILF phenomenon that is sweeping the nation there should be a law that states if a woman is impregnated by a teenager 8 years younger than her he has no child support responsibilities, ever.

Oh cool so I could bang that 31 year old Swedish chick without contraceptives.  I know what you meant, I'm just having fun.

Yes.  If you are a teenager have at it.  I'm serious.

Although I must say Scandinavian women of any age in general probably wouldn't have sex with you without some type of contraception.  From my experience they are VERY on the ball about that sort of thing.

She thinks I'm a freak anyways.

And I'm nineteen.  I assumed you meant under eighteen, but I was just having fun because you said "teenager," which includes eighteen and nineteen.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:49:13 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2011, 01:52:26 AM by Sic Semper Tyrannis »

Yes.  If you are a teenager have at it.  I'm serious.

Although I must say Scandinavian women of any age in general probably wouldn't have sex with you without some type of contraception.  From my experience they are VERY on the ball about that sort of thing.

And I'm nineteen.  I assumed you meant under eighteen, but I was just having fun because you said "teenager," which includes eighteen and nineteen.

Oh, got ya.  I wasn't even thinking.

But in all seriousness is this Swede fine?  I would hit that.  With a condom of course.  Hit it and come back and tell us about it, but only if she's hot.  If she's not hot don't do it.  Or at least don't tell us about it.  I await your report.

She looks like an older, blonde Alice Glass, with the same clothing style.  I can PM you a picture of her if you'd like.  She looks rather nice, in my opinion.

And, as I said, she thinks I'm a freak.  Actually, she most likely just thinks of me as a dumb kid.  So even if I wanted to, I'll likely never be able to bang her.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 02:30:22 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2011, 02:33:24 AM by Sic Semper Tyrannis »

Although I must say Scandinavian women of any age in general probably wouldn't have sex with you without some type of contraception.  From my experience they are VERY on the ball about that sort of thing.

And I'm nineteen.  I assumed you meant under eighteen, but I was just having fun because you said "teenager," which includes eighteen and nineteen.

But in all seriousness is this Swede fine?  I would hit that.  With a condom of course.  Hit it and come back and tell us about it, but only if she's hot.  If she's not hot don't do it.  Or at least don't tell us about it.  I await your report.

She looks like an older, blonde Alice Glass, with the same clothing style.  I can PM you a picture of her if you'd like.  She looks rather nice, in my opinion.

And, as I said, she thinks I'm a freak.  Actually, she most likely just thinks of me as a dumb kid.  So even if I wanted to, I'll likely never be able to bang her.

Definitely PM that thing.  I need to see what we're working with here.

Sent

Though, I don't know if I could ever speak to her again.  I'd die from embarrassment.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:11:34 AM »

She looks like an older, blonde Alice Glass, with the same clothing style.  I can PM you a picture of her if you'd like.  She looks rather nice, in my opinion.

Definitely PM that thing.  I need to see what we're working with here.

Sent

Though, I don't know if I could ever speak to her again.  I'd die from embarrassment.

Got it.  I sent a reply.  She seems nice.  Life sucks sometimes.  But it will get better.

And I replied back.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies