The Iraqi Army No Longer Exists (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:43:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Iraqi Army No Longer Exists (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Iraqi Army No Longer Exists  (Read 1407 times)
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« on: June 17, 2015, 08:12:33 AM »

Basically we ("the West") have been outmaneuvered on a grand scale. If ISIL is to be defeated that means Iran becomes the dominant power with a "Shia Crescent" spreading from Iran through Iraq into Syria and Lebanon. There is literally no realistic mechanism by which ISIL is defeated without Iran being the ultimate winner.

Is that really that bad a thing?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 08:13:54 AM »

Basically we ("the West") have been outmaneuvered on a grand scale. If ISIL is to be defeated that means Iran becomes the dominant power with a "Shia Crescent" spreading from Iran through Iraq into Syria and Lebanon. There is literally no realistic mechanism by which ISIL is defeated without Iran being the ultimate winner.

Is that really that bad a thing?

I'm just curious how the quoted passage above became mine when it was Cory's.    

Coding mistake; I removed the heading that said it was his. My apologies.

Part of me is wondering if it wouldn't be easier in the long run to set up one big confederation for the Shias, one for the Sunnis, have Israel for the Jews and Christians, then pay the costs of moving everyone around. Then I realise that large transfers of population never go well and I wonder why people just can't get along...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies