House Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:16:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107929 times)
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« on: May 14, 2019, 10:22:08 AM »

House Off-site Procedures Rules Resolution

Be it resolved in the Atlasian House Assembled,

Article 9, Clause 3 of the House rules shall read as follows:
3) All proceedings save for when in Joint Session, must be conducted on the Atlas Fantasy Government Board.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 11:09:05 PM »

I second Representative fhtagn's motion of no confidence against the Speaker of the House.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 12:03:25 AM »

I am filing this bill.

G.I. JOE ACT

SECTION I: NAME
a. This law shall be known as the G.I. Joe Act

SECTION II: WEAPONS PROGRAMS ELIMINATIONS
a. The following military weapons programs shall be eliminated:
   1. Eliminate B61 Nuclear Bomb Life Extension Program;
   2. Eliminate B83 Nuclear program excepting 100 for use against asteroids;
   3. Eliminate C-130 Avionics Modernization Program;
   4. Eliminate C-17 Transport Aircraft Program;
   5. Eliminate C-27 Joint Cargo Aircraft Program;
   6. Eliminate EA-18G Growler Program;
   7. Eliminate EP-X Aircraft Program;
   8. Eliminate Far-Term Sea-Based Terminal Defense Program ;
   9. Eliminate Global Hawk Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Program;
   10. Eliminate Joint Strike Fighter Program;
   11. Eliminate JLENS blimp Program;
   12. Eliminate Littoral Combat Ship Program;
   13. Eliminate MEADS Program;
   14. Eliminate SM-3 II-B Missile Defense System Program;
   15. Eliminate TALOS Project;
   16. Eliminate Third Generation Infrared Surveillance Program;
   17. Eliminate Trident II Missile Program;
   18. Eliminate V-22 Osprey Program (Continue to use MH-60, H-92, CH-53)
b. The following military weapons shall be retired from service:
   1. HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopter
   2. U-2 Spy Plane
   3. EP-3 Aires Aircraft
   4. Bell TH-67 Jet Ranger Helicopter
   5. Bell OH-58 Kiowa Helicopter
   6. A-10 Thunderbolt Attack Aircraft
   7. B-2 Spirit Bomber
   8. B-52 Stratofortress Bomber
c. A moratorium is hereby imposed on the purchase of the following until 2023:
   1. M-1 Abrams battle tanks
   2. San Antonio Class Amphibious Assault Ships
   3. Air Force Long Range Bomber research
d. Purchases of Operational Support Aircraft shall be reduced by 25%;
e. The naval fleet of small surface combat ships shall be reduced from 42 to 30. The ships to be retired shall be sold to foreign allies.
f. Funding for the Cruiser Modification Program shall be reduced by 30%

SECTION III: OTHER SAVINGS
a. No federal funding allocated for the Department of State shall be expended on counter-narcotics operations.
b. The National Guard shall be prohibited from enforcing drug laws on Atlasian soil.
c. The National Guard Agricultural Development Team program is hereby eliminated.
d. The High Risk Personnel Program for off-base housing is hereby eliminated.
e. Housing Allowances for off-base commuters is hereby reduced by 10%.
f.  Funding for demonstrations by the Blue Angels Demonstration Squad, the 13th Air Force Air Expeditionary Group, and the 109th National Guard Airlift Wing is hereby reduced by 25%
g. Funding for military musical bands is hereby reduced 50%
h. Funding for the Marine Band Newsletter Notes is hereby eliminated.
i. Military bands shall be permitted to sell recordings of their music

j. Federal payments to private air carriers for transportation of military personnel shall not exceed those levels guaranteed in the contracted for agreement.

SECTION IV: TIME
a. This act shall take effect beginning in FY 2020.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 12:06:27 AM »

I am filing this bill.

PROMOTION OF FILM STUDIES ACT

a. This law shall be referred to as the Promotion of Film Studies Act

SECTION II: PACKARD CAMPUS REFORMS
a. The Library of Congress’s National Audiovisual Conservation Center and its contents shall be open and available to researchers to the same extent as is permitted at the Library of Congress’s main campus.
b. The National Audiovisual Conservation Center shall be permitted to contract with private partners for the purposes of holding events to promote the Center and its contents.
c. This act shall take effect immediately.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 12:07:44 AM »

I am filing this bill.

CIVIL RIGHTS COMMEMORATIVE COIN ACT

a. This law shall be known as the Civil Rights Commemorative Coin Act

SECTION II: CIVIL RIGHTS COMMEMORATIVE COIN
a. The mint shall purchase 500,000 troy ounces of silver bullion and commission the minting of 500,000 legal tender, silver, 1 troy oz commemorative one dollar coins, to be sold to the public at $30 per coin.

b Each coin shall include on the obverse, "Atlasia 2020" and “One Dollar” as well as the name and a sculpting to be approved by the President, of Malcolm X.

c. Each coin shall include on the reverse, " Atlasia 2020" and “One Dollar” as well as the name and a sculpting to be approved by the President, of Rosa Parks.

d. All proceeds from the sale of these coins shall be deposited in the General Treasury.

e. This act shall take effect immediately with the expectation that the coin will be available for sale in 2020.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 12:09:56 AM »

I am filing this bill.

OBSOLETE PROGRAMS SUNSET ACT

to eliminate dumb programs

Be it enacted by both houses of Congress assembled:

a. This act shall be referred to as the Obsolete Programs Sunset Act

SECTION II: REDUNDANT, OBSOLETE, OR UNNECESSARY PROGRAMS
1. Authorization for the following programs shall expire on January 1, 2020:
   a. The Market Access Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

b. The Conservation Reserve Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

c. The Dairy Forward Pricing Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

d. Forestry Service International Programs, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

e. The Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

f. The ACRE Subsidy Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

g. The Counter-Cycle Subsidy Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

h. The Conservation Stewardship Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

i. The Agricultural Mediation Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

j. All projects carried out by the Agricultural Transportation Services Division, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture.

k. The Rails to Trails Abandoned Railway Corridor Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

l. The Safe Routes to Schools Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

m. The Scenic Turnout and Overlook Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

n. The National Historic Covered Bridge Preservation Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

o. National Scenic Byways Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

p. The Essential Air Services Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

q. The Recreational Trails Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

r. Transportation Alternatives Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

s. Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

t. The FreedomCAR and Fuel Partnership Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Energy

u. The Natural Disaster Resilience Competition, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Homeland Security

v. The Natural Disaster Resilience Grant Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Homeland Security

w. The LWCF State Recreational Grant Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Interior

x. The Nonpoint Source Management Grant Program, currently administered by the Environmental Protection Agency

y. The Brownfields Opportunity Grant Program, currently administered by the Environmental Protection Agency

z. The Minority Business Development Cooperative Grant Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Commerce
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 12:10:31 AM »

I am filing this bill.

SAFE EVACUATIONS ACT

a. This act shall be known as the Safe Evacuations Act

SECTION II: EMERGENCY RULES
1. During a declared state of emergency, federal roads along evacuation routes shall suspend the collection of any tolls typically charged.
2. During any mandatory evacuation in a declared emergency, any registered sex offender who enters a FEMA shelter shall only be required to notify the shelter commander rather than every person in the shelter. The sex offender shall obey the shelter commander’s decisions regarding sleeping assignments, interaction with children, monitoring, and other decisions necessary to protect the safety of all evacuees in the government shelter. Nothing in this act shall be interpreted as prohibiting the shelter commander from disclosing this information to shelter workers or volunteers.
3. The regulation prohibiting owners of NFA-registered firearms from transporting NFA firearms across State lines without the prior written approval of ATF shall not be interpreted to apply to such transportation while in the act of evacuating during a declared emergency or an eviction from an owner's domicile or principal place of business within a State, provided the owner complies with all required locking, storage, and transfer regulations under the NFA. 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(4) and 27 CFR 478.28 shall be amended accordingly.

SECTION III: TIME
a. This act shall take effect immediately.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies