Elections coming up (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:33:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Elections coming up (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Elections coming up  (Read 219863 times)
Notre Dame rules!

« on: February 27, 2005, 10:01:37 PM »

The results from Zimbabwe will be a real nail-biter too.  Let's see, Mugabe's Party wins, the oppositon candidates get murdered, and Jimmy Carter declares it a free and fair election.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 10:07:12 PM »

What do you know, the Commies won in Moldova.  If they work really hard, and collectivize everything in sight, maybe just maybe, Moldova will leap in front of Albania as second poorest country in Europe.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 11:23:42 PM »

I would have voted for the Christian Democrats, though with only about 10% of the vote, they wont even be a very loud minority.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 11:26:39 PM »

What do you know, the Commies won in Moldova.  If they work really hard, and collectivize everything in sight, maybe just maybe, Moldova will leap in front of Albania as second poorest country in Europe.

They were the ones who had the power.
And BTW; the only funtionf of Moldavia is to make other poor european countreis feel good about themselves.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking too.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 09:17:23 PM »

Liechtenstein, a country where conservative parties rack up 86.9% of the vote.  Wow!  Gotta love that!
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 07:49:36 AM »

Liechtenstein, a country where conservative parties rack up 86.9% of the vote.  Wow!  Gotta love that!

I think Liechtenstein's Prince has a net worth greater than the GDP of the entire country. Oh, yeah, and he doesn't live there. What a joke of country.

What's your point?  Bill Gates has  net worth greater than the city of Seattle.  Does that mean that Seattle is a joke of a city? 
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 10:18:10 PM »

Somaliland?  Your interest in this is a joke, right?
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 07:50:12 AM »

Somaliland? Your interest in this is a joke, right?
Nope. I consider them to be a prime example of why the Arab League and the UN can be raging hypocrites, among other things. Also, it's nice to see Somalis who have it together and display something other than what we encountered all those years ago.

And I just find it interesting, OK? Hmph.

ILikeVerin can answer for himself. Kiki

Fair enough.  Since you take an interest in some out of the way locales, do you know anything about what is currently going on in Krygyzystan?  I can't say that I'm up to speed on the situation, but there seems to have been an election a couple of months ago, and the ruling govt is charged with rigging the vote or something, ala Ukraine. 

DW-TV has been showing scenes of rioting and such, though I haven't seen anything on the US networks about it. 

Just wondering if you know anything about the political situation in that former Soviet Republic.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 06:45:50 PM »

Sen. WMS,

Good analysis.

According to DW-TV,  it was a little messier than the popular uprising in Ukraine, though not terribly so, and it appears the the military wasn't eager to put its neck out for the former Pres.  It will be interesting to see how things pan out.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 09:49:09 PM »

Somaliland Election countdown...

0 days, HOORAY!

*goes and looks for any sites that might have ...anything...*

Don't keep us in suspense, who won?
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 06:00:28 PM »

Great!  Where's that English/Somali dictionary when  you need it?
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 10:20:21 PM »

What are the latest polls in North Rhine-Wesphalia?
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 10:21:14 PM »

Somaliland Election countdown...

0 days, HOORAY!

*goes and looks for any sites that might have ...anything...*

Don't keep us in suspense, who won?

I haven't been able to find anything yet. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know. Smiley

Still haven't found anything...in English. There's a site or two in Somali which appear to be more updated, but nothing I could make out. Wink

Still nothing?
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 10:48:43 PM »

What are the latest polls in North Rhine-Wesphalia?

These:

Emnid (03/18)
CDU 43%
SPD 35%
Greens 10%
FDP 7%

Infratest-dimap (03/20)
CDU 42%
SPD 35%
Greens 10%
FDP 7%

Were posted awhile back

Hmmm...I was hoping that there might be some more current polls.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 07:02:40 AM »

Hmmm...Half the voters could be undecided.  Wow!  Germans voters are even more volatile than those in the US, or maybe interest in the election is currently low.  Considering the economic crisis, interest should be high.

Which one of the polls on the list would be considered the German version of Gallup, or the most trustworthy polling firm?
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 08:17:58 PM »

Does anyone have any thoughts regardig the upcoming elections in Iran?  It appears the former President Rafsanjani is leading in the polls, though he may not win an outright majority without a runoff.  He is also running on a platform of a non-nuclear Iran--not sure how that will play with the theocrats who pull the strings of government.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 11:17:12 PM »

true, I think nearly 1,000 candidates registered for the elections, but the mullahs trimmed it down to 6 candiates that they feel wouldn't rock the boat--at least not too much
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 06:52:10 PM »

The Shaw was also taking orders from the US.   Jimmy Carter linked continued US military and economic aid to nonlethal forms of crowd dispersal.  Far more Iranian students left the scene of protest crying from  tear gas than from bullet wounds. 

In hindsight, had the Shah followed Napolean's advice and given the crowds  a whiff of grapeshot, rather than Carter's teargas, he may have held on to power.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies