The Great Brazil Topic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:55:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Great Brazil Topic (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Great Brazil Topic  (Read 62959 times)
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« on: April 05, 2016, 09:40:42 PM »

Such an amendment would be quickly struck down by the Supreme Court as unconstitutional.

Isn't a constitutional amendment by definition violate the current constitution? I would be pretty horrified by a Supreme Court that strikes down a constitutional amendment as unconstitutional.
Derpist
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 12:41:04 PM »

Is there any chance the wonderful Jair Bolsonaro makes it a second round?

I'm not actually sure that's even a desirable outcome (since I'd rather the top two contenders compete for his support).
Derpist
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 06:51:50 PM »

Is there any chance the wonderful Jair Bolsonaro makes it a second round?

I'm not actually sure that's even a desirable outcome (since I'd rather the top two contenders compete for his support).

You're supportive of a literal apologist for tyrants and torturers? The guy who dedicated his impeachment vote to the guy who was in charge of torturing the current president?

He seems bizarrely clean for a Brazilian politician and he stands up against both criminals and other PC stufff. I don't really care that much about his views on history; I've personally heard a lot of mixed stuff about the military period.

Elected officials have too much civility anyways.
Derpist
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 09:14:43 PM »

This week, the Legislative Assembly of the state of Alagoas approved an act which can punish teachers who support their political views in the classroom. Assemblies in other states are discussing this kind of act too. There is a proposal in the federal Chamber of Deputies too. They are influenced by far right lobbies which say that there is "marxist indoctrination" at schools. Religious fundamentalists support this kind of law. They want to ban pro-LGBT education. They say that "gender ideology" is evil.

Excellent. I went to a school that prioritized teaching LGBT-politics over basic skill sets and for a district of its socioeconomic status, it really did churn out way too many totally unprepared students.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies