Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:01:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 306975 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: May 07, 2005, 06:22:03 PM »

Candidacy Declaration Bill[/u]

Primary Sponsor:[/b] Senator MAS117

The Senate notes that:

1. Under Article I, Section 4, Clause 6 and Article I, Section 2, Clause 2 of the Constitution the Senate is delegated the power to determine procedures for declaration of candidacy in federal elections.

2. In the interim, Article VIII, Section 2, Clause 3 sets the Candidacy Declaration period at 7 days for Scheduled elections and 2 days for Regular elections.

Clauses:

1. All declarations of candidacy must be submitted to a thread established by the Secretary of Forum Affairs for this purpose in the (Voting Booth ?). This thread shall be linked from the Atlas Forum Headquarters and Government Headquarters threads.

2. The Secretary of Forum Affairs shall post in the thread when the candidacy declaration period for a particular election shall have expired.

3. All declarations must list the office being sought and the party label being used by the candidate. Such declarations of candidacy may be withdrawn or amended up to the end of the candidacy declaration period, and the declaration of withdrawl of a candidacy must be done in the same thread that the candidate declared in.

4. For all declarations of candidacy to the Senate, the candidate must be resident in the relevant District or Region at the time of candidacy declaration, else the declaration shall not be valid.

This bill is unnecessary.  Why regulate something that pretty much already happens?  I really don't see the need for even more rules and regulations.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 06:51:25 PM »

All it'll invite is people to make an unwitting mistake in declaring their candidacy, and somebody to jump on them saying "no, you're not supposed to do it like that".  Stuff like this really takes the fun out of fantasy elections.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 08:49:54 AM »

The Mideast has the right idea:

Signature and Avatar Amendment
1.  The Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes that a mandatory statement of a voter's registration in a person's avatar or signature is no longer necessary to aide the administrator of an election to determine the state in which a voter is registered.

2.  Upon this recognition, the Senate of Atlasia with the formal consent of the Regions shall repeal Article V, Section 2, Clause 2 of the Atlasian Constitution effective on August 18, 2005.

I thank the Senator for this much needed reform.

As do I.  Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 12:20:46 PM »

Forestry (Sustainable Development) Bill

For every tree cut down by a company, co-operative or individual working in the forestry industry, that company, co-operative or individual must plant two or more trees in the same forest or other woodland environment

Good bill, Al.  Though I'd recommend stating that the newly planted trees must be protected for a certain length of time after planting.  Otherwise the same individuals will just cut down the new ones as soon as they've planted them, and so on, and the whole thing becomes a giant mess.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies