Forum Dems in denial about 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:29:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Forum Dems in denial about 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Forum Dems in denial about 2012  (Read 7099 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: July 09, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »

Every time I log onto this forum I see frequently mentioned in threads about how Obama is going to win in a landslide "winning states like AZ, MO, and IN, NC again. We can't be that hackish can we? I mean saying that Obama i going to win more then they did in 2008 is defying the current electoral situation for him. The only reason he came close or win states like MO, IN, NC was due to the global financial meltdown less then 2 months before the election and the sheer unpopularity of Bush.

However, since his inauguration the economic situation has improved very little and there still is a slow economic bleeding in the economy overall. The Democrats lost the House, a majority of Governorships, and the Senate last November. Polling has also shown people strongly disapproving of the direction of the country, Obama's economic policies, and much of his key legislation. Not to mention his approvals are on the downwards again.

I mean given how bad things are overall, I don't see Obama winning in a landslide at all. Although I do admit that Obama does stand a somewhat decent chance of winning reelection and the problems and infighting within the party does go a way towards this. However, the last Democrat to win reelection was Bill Clinton in good times, and even he didn't surpass his electoral vote margin in his second run.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies