WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:58:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)  (Read 10345 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: February 07, 2015, 09:00:26 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2015, 09:35:07 PM by President LumineVonReuental »

x LumineVonReuental

Glad to join the celebrations here, I really need a break from Griffin and friends's constant [EXPLETIVE DELETED] and it's nice to see the party back in action. I'll have a speech ready by the time that part of the Convention is open, and I hope other members will deliver their own as well!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »

President Lumine speaks to the Convention on February 12thSad

Delegates, officeholders, fellow party members,

This is the third time I have the pleasure of being in a Federalist Convention, the first time as a Senator, the second as a Presidential Candidate, the third as the President of the Republic of Atlasia. I’ve been in this party since May 2014, and during that time I have enjoyed from your support on many races, which culminated with us having won our third presidential victory in October.

And yet, despite our victory, the Federalist Party is facing a crisis. There’s no need to pretend that is not the case, because this crisis has been a rather long one, one that has lasted since I joined the party. Month after month we have suffered blows and losses, and we have not only lost seats but people, very valuable people. I see the merit in taking radical steps to correct this situation, steps at the very least we should be able to discuss in a very open and honest way.

We have been reduced to a point in which the only center-right candidates and officeholders are Democratic-Republicans or independents, and they have achieved that without a major voting base or the commodities offered by a large party, they have done that on sheer effort and hard work. Purpose is not enough; will is what makes a party truly strong. We will never get out of our current predicament if we don’t speak up, if we don’t participate, if we don’t vote and if we don’t run for office.

The left wing dominates Atlasia, but that is not a permanent law. Our own inactivity has made it look like it was the case, and the consequences are clear enough when we get more and more radical legislation, when our friends and fellow party members are dismissed as fascists on a daily basis, when we lack the strength to fight back what could have fought back a few months ago.

I join Senator Cris in stating my misgivings about endorsing a ticket without a member of our party. Maxwell and Bore are great candidates, and yet I believe that as a party we should consider voting for a candidate of our own, even if it is via write-in. We should not go gently down the path of apathy, not in a moment that is so crucial for the future of our nation.

Ladies and gentlemen, I beg of you: whatever the future holds, do not let the center-right wither away and allow the left to dominate Atlasia.

Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »

I think the suggestion was that a name change occur as part of a broader restructuring and overhaul not a whole affair on its own, in which case yes, it would solve nothing obviously.

This is true.
I understand what you mean. I was thinking of starting off with a clean slate. Rebuilding this party. Making good connections. Making sure that we're getting out the vote. My idea was to clean up everything and make good voting change connections.

Also, I do have another idea I discussed with Yankee a few months ago. Have regional parties take care of regional business. GOTV campaigns, regional platform charters, everything. Leaving the first few waves of burden on them. And leaving the huge things like national charters, endorsements, huge Federalist Parties to the Party at large. (However the huge parties are the Woodstocks for the Federalists, compared to the rock concerts for the regions. If you know what I mean Wink )

Just to be clear, would that mean turning the party into a coalition of center-right parties rather than a single party with many wings (libertarian, conservative, moderate, hawks, doves, etc)?

PS: Also, what happens with the Presidential race now? Are we going to have an endorsement vote?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies