WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 09:24:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)  (Read 10389 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: February 12, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »

Given the endorsement vote about to take place I'd also like to say a few words.

I should first get out of that way that on a very large number of issues we don't agree. But that is true for both tickets.

If you voted to endorse the bore/BK ticket you would be backing a ticket that is willing at all times to work with people they, on the surface, disagree with. Former Senator Cassius, Senators Cris and Yankee, and President Lumine can all provide many examples of me working with me to produce bills during their time in the senate, be it by Cassius's public sector strike bill, Yankee's police camera bill, or, and this is telling, the fact that I have personally sponsored most of Lumine's bills, be they the ones to give powers to the SoIA, amendments to the SOAP, or a general support of the repeal and replacement of the Actual End to Imperialism Act. We all worked on those bills, perhaps from differing starting points, to produce something good for atlasia as a whole.

Similarly, I am not a social conservative. That said, I probably am in atlasia's terms Tongue I was a prominent opponent of many of the northeast's radically liberal laws, such as the polygamy and incest ones and have recently opposed a bill that would have allowed public nudity. I, I think like most federalists recognise that the public good is not best served by completely unrestrained freedom. No man, as the saying goes, is an island, and by accepting the fact that sometimes mere verbal consent is not enough (the depressed person who asks to be killed obviously should not, be for instance) we have a richer understanding of true freedom.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this convention.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies