Osama bin Laden dead (Official) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:56:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Osama bin Laden dead (Official) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Osama bin Laden dead (Official)  (Read 40905 times)
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« on: May 01, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »

I don't wish to celebrate anyone's death, but we made the best possible move here. There could have been no trial, it would have been absurd. Justice has been done, finally we can move on as a nation. That man has also done so much harm to Islam, a faith than I've very much come to respect. I couldn't be more glad see him gone and this era drawing to a close.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 11:45:01 PM »

I don't wish to celebrate anyone's death, but we made the best possible move here. There could have been no trial, it would have been absurd. Justice has been done, finally we can move on as a nation. That man has also done so much harm to Islam, a faith than I've very much come to respect. I couldn't be more glad see him gone and this era drawing to a close.

It ain't closing until we're finally out of Afghanistan and all the security everywhere is back to pre-911 levels.

In that case, it never ends. I just mean the whole open ended quest for Bin Laden and the existential War on Terror. Yeah they'll still use the term, but I feel it will lose its impact.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 11:13:38 PM »

Why is everyone so eager to argue over minutiae? If McCain had been president right now I seriously doubt there would be major differences in how this whole matter was handled. Liberal internationalists and neoconservatives have often been pretty close on how they do things procedurally.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies