What would you change about the Health Care System (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:23:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What would you change about the Health Care System (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: (please see explanations below)
Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option4

Option 5

Option 6

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: What would you change about the Health Care System  (Read 4905 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 14, 2015, 09:58:01 PM »

Option 5/6, I support a free public option, I support healthcare competition though.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 12:13:02 AM »

Option 5. The US is the only major country on earth without universal health care.

And we have the greatest quality of care and most advanced treatments.  It's an envious system to be part of so it's understandable how bitter the left gets over not having insurance. 
This is why I disagree with the "We are the only country not to do ...". I support a healthcare system that works for all Americans. I think we need a new healthcare system whether it be based more on Private Care or a Public Option, what we have now has worked if so not very well, but it was a step in the right direction. We used to lead the world in solving problems with American solutions, and I say it's high time we get back there.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 12:38:22 AM »

Option 5. The US is the only major country on earth without universal health care.

And we have the greatest quality of care and most advanced treatments.  It's an envious system to be part of so it's understandable how bitter the left gets over not having insurance. 
This is why I disagree with the "We are the only country not to do ...". I support a healthcare system that works for all Americans. I think we need a new healthcare system whether it be based more on Private Care or a Public Option, what we have now has worked if so not very well, but it was a step in the right direction. We used to lead the world in solving problems with American solutions, and I say it's high time we get back there.

A one-sized fits all method is historically dangerous.  It groups people together as if they're under some kind of universal tyranny.  Public options have never worked unless you want to wait 6 months to be seen for a broken arm.  It comes down to your party wanting to spread misery equally.
I said nothing about a "one-size fits all" system, I just want a system that works, I think (hope) we can agree on that. Please explain how "you wait 6 months for a broken arm" under a public option, currently we do not have a public option so I don't know how you know this has and will happen. I would ask that you not address my party, and I won't address yours. This is an issue, not an attempt to jab Democrats. There are many conservatives who support single payer, for which many Democrats do not.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 01:26:28 AM »

The answer to this is too easy.

"NHI delivers universal coverage offered by a government-run insurer"
"NHI "is modeled after Medicare [in the USA]. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Taiwan
What would this entail, if you don't mind elaborating.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies