Bernie Sanders claims America founded on 'Racist Principles' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:28:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie Sanders claims America founded on 'Racist Principles' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders claims America founded on 'Racist Principles'  (Read 4175 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 14, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »

Well, yeah, it's a very clear point. The US was founded by old white slaveowners who didn't want to pay taxes. The power was purposefully kept in the hands of an elite few: property-holding Anglo males. Every gain by PoC afterwards occured through incessant struggle. What exactly Sanders hopes to gain from pointing out whitewashed history is unclear.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 03:21:36 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2015, 03:24:04 PM by Dirty Red Fox »

Well, yeah, it's a very clear point. The US was founded by old white slaveowners who didn't want to pay taxes. The power was purposefully kept in the hands of an elite few: property-holding Anglo males. Every gain by PoC afterwards occured through incessant struggle. What exactly Sanders hopes to gain from pointing out whitewashed history is unclear.
1. The Dutch, the richest group in the US at the time, were not Anglo Saxons.
2. The founders were not particularly old, many were in their 30s or 40s.
3. The US was one of the first major countries in the world that expanded voting to non taxpayers and property holders, and kept it that way, unlike France.
4. "People of color" is a misleading term for a time period where many races did not even live within US borders.
5. Virtually your entire post is could be applied to: (list)
basically any other Western country leftists love to parade.

Nice try, son. Ice up, you'll trick some naive people eventually. For now, you've been ignored. I'm sure I ain't the first. 

Dutch were the wealthiest but there were more Brits with money at the time, more than half of the founders were 40+, and the rest of what I stated you haven't countered, so I'm not sure what you're working at except to berate me? Voting laws only change when there's active movements to do so, and just with everything, it took time and effort to fight against the inclusive system set by the founders (Only 6% of the pop could vote in 1788-9, thus limiting it to property owners: majority of whom were white male Protestants). There's more to discuss here past voting rights, but you get the idea.

You are a silly person and I'm not quite sure why you're here if you ignore people you disagree with.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies