Republicans are winning the "Preserve Democracy" argument with voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:40:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans are winning the "Preserve Democracy" argument with voters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans are winning the "Preserve Democracy" argument with voters  (Read 430 times)
OdonTrail
Rookie
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2022, 12:33:44 PM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 12:36:27 PM »

Uh huh, that’s why 55-60% of them want to see Trump imprisoned.

All disproven because of this Tweet linking to a single Fox poll that showed a statistical tie between the parties on what they are voting on.

Ironically most of the Republicans saying that anyway are saying so under the mistaken belief that Trump’s attempt to destroy democracy is actually an attempt to “preserve” it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 12:42:09 PM »

I guess this shows that the Big Lie is a 50/50 issue.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 12:44:25 PM »

They keep using that word.. it does not mean what they think it means.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 01:07:26 PM »

Also the poll shows voters trust Democrats significantly more on "voting rights" and "election integrity," conveniently overlooked by the grifter Tweeter posting this crap in favor of circling this tied result with rather vague wording.

All it "proves," if anything, is that voters are idiots who don't know what they're talking about and can contradict themselves easily within five seconds. Hardly news. Seems to be an R-leaning sample anyway, so if anything it's all the more damning that the Rs are down on the aforementioned issues in addition to stuff like abortion and climate change.

I don't know who you are, OP, but say what you will about Atlas, people here aren't gonna fall for this absurd propaganda crap as easily as they do on MAGA Twitter. We can see right through it, we know all the tricks used to manipulate information (especially polls) like this. So I'm not sure what you thought you had to gain by posting this other than being humiliated.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 01:14:38 PM »

Also the poll shows voters trust Democrats significantly more on "voting rights" and "election integrity," conveniently overlooked by the grifter Tweeter posting this crap in favor of circling this tied result with rather vague wording.

All it "proves," if anything, is that voters are idiots who don't know what they're talking about and can contradict themselves easily within five seconds. Hardly news. Seems to be an R-leaning sample anyway, so if anything it's all the more damning that the Rs are down on the aforementioned issues in addition to stuff like abortion and climate change.

I don't know who you are, OP, but say what you will about Atlas, people here aren't gonna fall for this absurd propaganda crap as easily as they do on MAGA Twitter. We can see right through it, we know all the tricks used to manipulate information (especially polls) like this. So I'm not sure what you thought you had to gain by posting this other than being humiliated.

Alben, as a democrat myself, I can say that you're aiming at the wrong tree.

Republicans when they talk about " democracy " they're talking more about the american culture, their way of life, they distrust the state, the government forcing these changes on them. They want to preserve what they have.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2022, 01:16:49 PM »

Republicans when they talk about " democracy " they're talking more about the american culture, their way of life, they distrust the state, the government forcing these changes on them. They want to preserve what they have.

That's almost irrelevant to the topic as far as I can see. Voters in this polling sample apparently said they trusted Democrats and Republicans about evenly to "preserve democracy." The wording is vague enough some could see it like that, sure, and again it seems to be an R-leaning sample so unsurprising if some said that for that reason. But again, the same sample trusts Dems more on "election integrity" and "voting rights" (more concrete and less vaguely worded issues), despite being R-leaning.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2022, 01:20:43 PM »

That's almost irrelevant to the topic as far as I can see. Voters in this polling sample apparently said they trusted Democrats and Republicans about evenly to "preserve democracy." The wording is vague enough some could see it like that, sure, and again it seems to be an R-leaning sample so unsurprising if some said that for that reason. But again, the same sample trusts Dems more on "election integrity" and "voting rights" (more concrete and less vaguely worded issues), despite being R-leaning.

Disregard my post then.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2022, 01:25:27 PM »

This same poll shows that Democrats are winning the "election integrity" argument with voters, which is a Republican talking point, so I think the correct conclusion here is that most people are very inconsistent and dumb.
OdonTrail
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2022, 01:42:16 PM »

WTF? I'm not a MAGA propagandist. I'm trying to sound the alarm for Democrats that their current strategy isn't sticking.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2022, 01:44:00 PM »

Republicans aren't "winning" on this issue, given its 46-45 and within the margin of error. If anything, all this shows is that 45% of those polled are loyal partisan Democrats who will trust them over Republicans no matter what, and 46% are loyal partisan Republicans who will trust them over Democrats no matter what.

This essentially just shows the size of the loyal base, and reading anything more into it is nothing short of delusion.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies