295.000 jobs created in February, unemployment rate down to 5.5% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:22:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  295.000 jobs created in February, unemployment rate down to 5.5% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 295.000 jobs created in February, unemployment rate down to 5.5%  (Read 5355 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 06, 2015, 03:02:47 PM »

Some say we will surely be crushed under this avalanche of jobs.  Thanks, Obummer.  [/foxnews]

Thanks,Obama
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 03:04:58 PM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-31768388

"Employment in mining was down over the month"

Why, Obama?  Why do you hate the hard-workin' God-fearin' white man of Appalachia.  Why? 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 05:08:24 PM »

OMG Government jobs are out of control!!!

I wish.  I had to waste four hours at the Social Security office waiting for my number to be called to then spend ten minutes dealing with the issue I went there for.  And going to the Strom Thurmond building is not pleasant at all.  With the heightened security at courthouses these days, they really need to pull all the stuff that doesn't need it out of that building, but then it would be half empty.

That's what you get when you vote for "small government conservatives".

Exactly.  Not sure where the hate for government employment comes from in that crowd, but I think it has to do with this overall sense that any work done not-for-profit is inherently pitiful combined with their general hate for the lower middle class. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 10:34:24 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2015, 10:37:17 AM by HockeyDude »

No, it's what you get when you vote for dumb small government reactionaries.   A true conservative would cut the size of government by cutting programs, not by forcing programs to run with too few employees.  I'll be having to go the DMV this month to renew my driver's license, and I expect to be in and out in under half an hour, maybe even in under ten minutes if I get lucky.

They're not dumb. They are the only people looking at the price tag. Liberals are genuinely clueless about how much money they spend. It's like watching a bejeweled it-girl max out the credit card every month, and the spout vitriol at the first person who tells her to get a job and get her spending under control.

Who wouldn't fantasize about outlawing credit cards? The number of liberals who remain in this modern era of excess is a tribute to the power of human ignorance.

You're such a hack.

A spike after the Recovery Act that has leveled off to pre-recession levels.  

Oh, are you talking about individual people?  You are saying that you are privy to information that shows LIBERALS are the ones that max out their credit cards and piss all their money away?  There's no way you can even know this, so it discredits you even more than you already have done to yourself in your glorious Atlas posting history.  Hell, I'll just stick with that, and not even mention that how bad the housing and credit crisis hit the notoriously conservative suburbs and exurbs. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 12:40:52 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2015, 12:42:40 PM by HockeyDude »

You're such a hack.

A spike after the Recovery Act that has leveled off to pre-recession levels.  

Oh, are you talking about individual people?  You are saying that you are privy to information that shows LIBERALS are the ones that max out their credit cards and piss all their money away?  There's no way you can even know this, so it discredits you even more than you already have done to yourself in your glorious Atlas posting history.  Hell, I'll just stick with that, and not even mention that how bad the housing and credit crisis hit the notoriously conservative suburbs and exurbs.  

We're talking about the cost of individual programs, not total federal spending as a function of GDP.

Furthermore, I've explained why federal spending as a function of GDP is not an accurate representation of what the government actually does. Do you remember why? or are you just hacking around because you don't like the public spending data, when it's broken down per capita or per beneficiary?

No.  Break it down for me, genius.  Cause all I see is a piss-ant hack crying because your stupid economic philosophy never works so you have to cherry pick. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 12:48:11 PM »

No, it's what you get when you vote for dumb small government reactionaries.   A true conservative would cut the size of government by cutting programs, not by forcing programs to run with too few employees.  I'll be having to go the DMV this month to renew my driver's license, and I expect to be in and out in under half an hour, maybe even in under ten minutes if I get lucky.

They're not dumb. They are the only people looking at the price tag. Liberals are genuinely clueless about how much money they spend. It's like watching a bejeweled it-girl max out the credit card every month, and the spout vitriol at the first person who tells her to get a job and get her spending under control.

Who wouldn't fantasize about outlawing credit cards? The number of liberals who remain in this modern era of excess is a tribute to the power of human ignorance.

Like, what is your argument here?  You want understaffed government offices because only you conservatives understand how harmful it is to pay people to do a job?  Us liberals always paying people like some shopaholic teen girl!  Yes, you dislike the working class and are appalled at the idea paying taxes to support these parasites.  We get it. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies