Opinion of Congressman Thomas Massie (R-KY)

(1/4) > >>

E-Dawg:
I respect the guy. He is very extreme ideologically, but he is also very principled. He is a rare breed of a hard-right Republican who hasn't sold out to Trump. He opposed overturning the 2020 election results and supported DeSantis in the 2024 primary. Whenever there is a vote that passed the House overwhelmingly but not unanimously, Massie is usually one of the few "no" votes. He is completely unafraid of going against basically everybody else in congress, or even siding with Democrats over his fellow Republicans when he deems appropriate. He stays consistent to his libertarian-style ideology no matter which way the winds blow. Unlike some of the hard-right Trumpers (MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, etc), he doesn't seem to be in congress to intentionally make media spectacles, he just seems to genuinely hold and respectfully fight for his out-there views.

VPH:
Honestly, depends on the day and the particular vote. Sometimes he pisses me off, sometimes I stand in "wow you're bold" admiration, and occasionally I genuinely approve. It all balances out to FF for being principled. I usually disagree with his positions, but on some foreign policy issues and protecting small farmers, he's been quite bipartisan. And on a personal level, super cool. Massie is an engineer with multiple patents to his name who lives off the grid. While he opposes the kind of climate policy we need, he's more committed to environmentalism on a personal level than most pro-GND types are.

Ferguson97:
Being principled is only noble if your principles are themselves noble.

Sir Mohamed:
Still a HP

Santander:
You might be able to respect some of his behavior if he weren't such a massive asshole.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page