Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:51:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually  (Read 15057 times)
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« on: September 01, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »

It is nobody's business.  If Palin were knocked up with some other guy's kid, it wouldn't be our business...until she started preaching family values and condeming John Edwards, etc.

But this is her child.  It's off limits.  End of discussion.

There might have already been a better response to this, but when a public official makes it her business to insert herself into the lives of her constituents and their children by pushing an ideological opposition to sex education in schools, doesn't that kind of open up for scrutiny her own teaching of sex ed at home?

When did Palin say she opposed sex ed in school?
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 05:12:55 PM »

And who says the "culture wars" are dead and dying?  Smiley

Ugh they should be. Especially on something like sex-ed when it is stunningly clear it leads to less pregnancies. Of course the beef social cons have with it is that it seems to condone promiscuity. But see personally I would just like less abortions and ruined lives. I guess you can't change religious people's mind though.

You're busy painting a picture of Palin as some extreme right-wing theocon, but are you aware she is pro-contraceptives and a member of Feminists for Life?
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:25:36 PM »

And who says the "culture wars" are dead and dying?  Smiley

Ugh they should be. Especially on something like sex-ed when it is stunningly clear it leads to less pregnancies. Of course the beef social cons have with it is that it seems to condone promiscuity. But see personally I would just like less abortions and ruined lives. I guess you can't change religious people's mind though.

You're busy painting a picture of Palin as some extreme right-wing theocon, but are you aware she is pro-contraceptives and a member of Feminists for Life?

But if you don't teach that to kids it leads to more teenage prenancies. It is just fact. And like I said maybe Bristol's birth control failed or something so I definetly don't want to go personal here.
But understand that one of the core beliefs of a conservative individualist is that the State should not usurp the authority of parents. Palin has never said she thinks children shouldn't be taught about sex and contraceptives, but that the teachers should be the parents instead of public schools (i.e., the State). As you have stated, since we don't know all the facts we cannot say whether Palin's beliefs have been proven wrong or not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies