Is the GOP developing a Geography problem in the House and Dems in the Senate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:40:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is the GOP developing a Geography problem in the House and Dems in the Senate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the GOP developing a Geography problem in the House and Dems in the Senate?  (Read 968 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 28, 2022, 10:45:56 PM »

Kind of hard to tell with how much has been going on,  there seems to be a rural resurgence lately and people are leaving big metros, but this could possibly be to the benefit of Democrats if it means their voters spread out more.  If it means Democratic voters are moving to ruby red rural areas it's probably a waste though.

I always thought Democratic voters are more mobile for the most part, when you see fast growth areas it's usually areas that are trending D in the next election.   This is probably the Millennial generation (to a lesser extent GenZ) moving out and getting homes of their own. 

The overall suburb gains seen in the last couple cycles is probably permanent more or less, it's just the national environment can go up and down for Democrats but the trends will persist.  The growth in those suburbs is mostly younger people moving to those areas and voting more leftwing.

The biggest overall problem for Republicans is probably that they don't really have anyway to replenish the voters they're gradually losing from the Baby Boomer generation.   I think this will eventually force them to concede on some issues that aren't tenable with younger generations like Marijuana, Climate Change, and LGBT issues.   Kinda like how gay marriage gradually became untenable. 

I might be bias I guess but I don't really see a similar situation for Democrats on much, their positions are almost "over" focused on the younger generations to a fault. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies