Huckabee: US moving towards "criminalization of Christianity" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:21:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Huckabee: US moving towards "criminalization of Christianity" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huckabee: US moving towards "criminalization of Christianity"  (Read 5003 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: April 25, 2015, 09:06:11 AM »

Thank you, Gov. Huckabee, for understanding the left-wing assault on our religious freedom
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 11:00:06 AM »

No one's suggesting that it's on par with what's going on in the Middle East, but Christians are ostracized routinely for opposing the genderless marriage  agenda,  by Hollywood and others.

Abraham Reagan point above is spot on
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »

Couldn't you just take the exact thing you just said, replace the word gays with Christians and maybe begin to see where people like Mike Huckabee are coming from?
... no?

Before: "Gays should not be upset because in some places of the world they're murdered"
After: "Christians should not be upset because in some places of the world they're murdered"

You seriously don't think it could apply to both? If gays can decry their social situation here, why can't a Christian who feels like he's being demonized for his beliefs do the same?

*applause*
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 10:47:48 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2015, 11:00:42 AM by CountryClassSF »

Huckabee has higher favorability than any GOP candidate and potential crossover support. Christphobes have the sadz?

Not my first choice for President because of amnesty issue, but we DO need a President to stand up for conservative voters
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 01:10:40 PM »

Huckabee has higher favorability than any GOP candidate and potential crossover support. Christphobes have the sadz?

Not my first choice for President because of amnesty issue, but we DO need a President to stand up for conservative voters
He has no crossover support.

"Using results compiled from 11 recent polls, The Wickers Group determined no Republican appeals to as many likely voters as Huckabee."

http://www.westernjournalism.com/comprehensive-polling-data-shows-huckabee-leads-in-favorability-among-gop-contenders/
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 03:55:54 PM »

Above poster inspirational. Proof positive as to why the GOP needs to do a better job going after conservative Democrats.  And that's how you win places like Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Values issues cannot be abandoned.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 08:50:53 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2015, 08:52:51 PM by CountryClassSF »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am frustrated about this too.  But, realistically, I believe that if the Republicans do not take the White House in 2016, the judiciary will be stacked with left-wing activists who will likely strike down all the progress we've made at the state level such as late-term abortion bans.  

I have done all I can at the grassroots level with trying to get establishment Republicans to understand that moderatism does not equal electability.  But the reason why I will vote Republican in 2016 even if I can't stand the candidate, lies with the courts if we are to have any chance of watering down or hopefully overturning Roe. I attend the March for Life in San Francisco in January, and most of the pro-life activists I have seen are millennials and minorities!

As for same-sex marriage, the activists and the media have successfully demonized the opposition to the point where the best we can hope for is the Supreme Court allowing the states to define marriage.  If this doesn't happen, my hope is that the downright viciousness directed at places like Memories Pizza, Chick fil A, Christian orgs etc. will cause some to rethink. 

Keep the faith and hang in there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies