Rank the congressman who damage their party the most
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:41:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rank the congressman who damage their party the most
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank the congressman who damage their party the most  (Read 388 times)
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2024, 01:17:15 AM »

By damage I mean negative coverage and disgrace with little political advantage. Nancy Pelosi has a terrible image, but she achieved a lot of policy success so won't count.

My list:

On Dem side, the top 3 would be Omar, Talib, Cori Bush. AOC has more media coverage but seems normal in comparison.

On GOP side, the top 3 would be MTG, Boebert, Gaetz.

For Senate, it would be Menendez, the most corruptive senator. But since he is so uniquely corruptive, I am not sure how much damage he made for the Dem image. On GOP side, I would say Graham (chameleon), Tuberville (extreme and stupid), Vance.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 01:25:04 AM »

Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell are embarrassments.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 02:38:55 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2024, 09:27:00 AM by smoltchanov »

By damage I mean negative coverage and disgrace with little political advantage. Nancy Pelosi has a terrible image, but she achieved a lot of policy success so won't count.

My list:

On Dem side, the top 3 would be Omar, Talib, Cori Bush. AOC has more media coverage but seems normal in comparison.

For Senate, it would be Menendez, the most corruptive senator. But since he is so uniquely corruptive, I am not sure how much damage he made for the Dem image. On GOP side, I would say Graham (chameleon), Tuberville (extreme and stupid), Vance.

Agree with your list 101%. May be - with exception of Vance, who is "usual very conservative Republican"...
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 04:39:13 AM »

My list:

I don't see how Vance hurts the party? He has good optics and while he's certainly conservative, he doesnt say crazy stuff.
CosmoKramer
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 10:20:35 AM »

Bob Menendez, Nancy Pelosi, and Maxine Waters for the Democrats.

Matt Gaetz and MTG for the Republicans.

Not a congressman, but Darryl "Permit for Your Toaster" Perry certainly damaged the Libertarians.
ClassicElectionEnthusiast
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 11:56:52 AM »

My list:

GOP: Lauren Boebert (more for her "after hours" shenanigans while simultaneously trying to appeal to the Religious Right), Matt Gaetz (for the chaos unleashed over the past year). If he hadn't gotten the boot already I would definitely have led with George Santos.

Democrats: Rashida Talib and Ilhan Omar (who seem to have replaced AOC as the most vocal members of the Squad and are screaming the loudest for a cease-fire); Bob Menendez (for his rather blatant corruption)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies