Federalist Party Irregular Emergency Meeting (Closed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:19:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party Irregular Emergency Meeting (Closed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federalist Party Irregular Emergency Meeting (Closed)  (Read 4257 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: October 06, 2015, 10:43:32 AM »

Two fun things ITT.

The amusing thing in general is the Fedoralists gloating about their HISTORIC COMEBACK because literally everyone else quit the game and they elected their robots on historically low turnouts against the shattered rump of Labor and the stagnating TPP.

The amusing thing about the hysteria surrounding the officeholding ban is that Atlasia has literally the exact same thing in its Constitution, it's just that no-one's noticed it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 10:54:27 AM »

I'd be happy to immediately resign from the Supreme Court and from my position in the Constitutional Convention if that clause is actually recognised, but apparently Atlasia still hasn't figured out whether South America "exists" or not.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 11:01:47 AM »

I'd be happy to immediately resign from the Supreme Court and from my position in the Constitutional Convention if that clause is actually recognised, but apparently Atlasia still hasn't figured out whether South America "exists" or not.

The President did that with an executive order.

Yes but you all then decided that it was unconstitutional.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:12:06 AM »

The President did that with an executive order.

Yes but you all then decided that it was unconstitutional.
The Senate passed nothing against that executive order. So it's valid.

Yeah but the reason they didn't pass is because of this

I urge the Senate to vote down this law because it's literally meaningless. Atlasian law clearly allows the President to establish diplomatic relations with Mock Parliment and to recognize it, but it doesn't mean anything beyond the factual recognition (i.e. no ambassadors, treaties, etc) without the approval of the Senate.

The one thing the president is able to do, he has done, the rest is already up to the will of the Senate. This bill just needlessly complicates existing legal precedent.

I'm still waiting for the opposite side of this debate to prove that bore does have established powers to issue that executive order. I'm yet to see this.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Diplomatic_Mission_Act

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies