FL PrimR: CNN/Time: Romney Leads Gingrich by 2%, within MoE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:53:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  FL PrimR: CNN/Time: Romney Leads Gingrich by 2%, within MoE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL PrimR: CNN/Time: Romney Leads Gingrich by 2%, within MoE  (Read 896 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: January 25, 2012, 05:14:15 PM »

Good news, though CNN has always been favorable to Romney.

Tomorrow's debate is arguably the biggest of the campaign. A win by Romney could set him on the track to still get this locked up by late March. A loss could potentially lead to a brokered convention or a Gingrich win.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 06:12:23 PM »

Tomorrow's debate is arguably the biggest of the campaign. A win by Romney could set him on the track to still get this locked up by late March. A loss could potentially lead to a brokered convention or a Gingrich win.

even better news is CNN allows living to be present and breathing at their debates! And I do agree this is the most important debate (though arguably the one before SC when Newt's ex went on TV could be considered because if he didn't win the question which we all knew was coming first, Romney would have won SC and then the nomination probably).

What happens if there's a tie at the debate? I mean I considered the last debate a tie and we're looking at tied polling numbers. Well if they are literally tied on election day Romney wins due to absentees. Could be very close. Very fun Cheesy
If there's a tie, Mitt will continue to pull away here, as he has the cash and organizational advantage. The best result for Romney, IMO, would be a Santorum debate win, followed closely by Romney, then Paul and Gingrich at 3rd and 4th, doesn't matter the order there. That ensures Santorum will likely stay in through Florida and keeps momentum on Mitt's side.

I think Gingrich still has a good path to the nomination without Florida, but yeah, tomorrow night's debate is crucial for him.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »

even better news is CNN allows living to be present and breathing at their debates! And I do agree this is the most important debate (though arguably the one before SC when Newt's ex went on TV could be considered because if he didn't win the question which we all knew was coming first, Romney would have won SC and then the nomination probably).

What happens if there's a tie at the debate? I mean I considered the last debate a tie and we're looking at tied polling numbers. Well if they are literally tied on election day Romney wins due to absentees. Could be very close. Very fun Cheesy
If there's a tie, Mitt will continue to pull away here, as he has the cash and organizational advantage. The best result for Romney, IMO, would be a Santorum debate win, followed closely by Romney, then Paul and Gingrich at 3rd and 4th, doesn't matter the order there. That ensures Santorum will likely stay in through Florida and keeps momentum on Mitt's side.

I think Gingrich still has a good path to the nomination without Florida, but yeah, tomorrow night's debate is crucial for him.

Would it help if I prayed that tomorrow night's debate will be a redux of Monday's one? Just asking.
Yessir. Smiley

I think audience interaction in debates is unnecessary - we're not going to get them against Obama in the GE, and we shouldn't get them now. It basically rewards the candidates who throw out the most punchlines.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies