Do BLM or ALM? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:55:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do BLM or ALM? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do Black Lives Matter or Do All Lives Matter?
Black Lives Matter

White Lives Matter

All Lives Matter

No Lives Matter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 140

Author Topic: Do BLM or ALM?  (Read 14028 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« on: December 07, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »
« edited: December 07, 2015, 02:48:17 PM by Teach Peace. »

I know that this may sound trite and corny, but at least that  is better than quibbling over mere words too much. We are one race, not several. We are the human race. That is the point.
We can live in harmony if not unity, there is only a nuance of a difference but perhaps it is a meaningfull nuance. To say "Black lives matter" is saying that we shouldn't be racist, because we are all one race. All life matters, human life has always come before other life (animal life), but that is part of our animal survival instinct. When any death occurs there is a big black hole in the soul, because we know that every person matters. I know that death is a great tragedy because I have experienced loss. The quandry is that death is part of life and to say that life is
suffering is due, ironically, partly to the fact that loss causes great suffering. This may sound off topic because it doesn't address the issue directly, but actually I think that it does, because racism is the underlying problem. Racism is seeing someone as "other" and although we are different, we are also very much the same. I hope that this doesn't sound too corny.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies