I hate deception in economics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:40:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  I hate deception in economics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I hate deception in economics  (Read 1749 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 15, 2020, 02:48:22 AM »

So just imagine a CEO telling the world the economy is going to recover and telling people precious metals are worthless and unnecessary, while secretly buying them during a crisis like COVID.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-14/berkshire-adds-barrick-gold-exits-delta-air-lines-13f

Did you actually read the article?  Were you even aware that Warren is the process of turning over control of Berkshire Hathaway? For that matter, while some investors use gold stocks as a substitute for gold, they aren't gold. So yes BH is buying a gold stock, but there's no indication WB was behind the move, and  unlike his move into silver a couple of decades ago, it's stock and not physical metal itself that is being bought.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 04:22:09 PM »

So just imagine a CEO telling the world the economy is going to recover and telling people precious metals are worthless and unnecessary, while secretly buying them during a crisis like COVID.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-14/berkshire-adds-barrick-gold-exits-delta-air-lines-13f

Did you actually read the article?  Were you even aware that Warren is the process of turning over control of Berkshire Hathaway? For that matter, while some investors use gold stocks as a substitute for gold, they aren't gold. So yes BH is buying a gold stock, but there's no indication WB was behind the move, and  unlike his move into silver a couple of decades ago, it's stock and not physical metal itself that is being bought.

Lol WB isn't turning over control of BH. I'm not sure where you are coming from. The first sentence literally points out his hypocrisy. He's selling his stocks in banks.

Now I know you're not bothering to read the article.  BH is also buying stocks in other banks, one of which is BH's largest stake after its stake in Apple. And if you've paid any attention to Buffett or BH, you'd know he's currently in the process of turning over control because unlike some people, he has no delusions about living forever. He's almost 90 years old. He'll probably still have a veto over BH's major decisions until the day he dies, but he has definitely begun the transition process.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 06:14:17 PM »

Lol WB isn't turning over control of BH. I'm not sure where you are coming from. The first sentence literally points out his hypocrisy. He's selling his stocks in banks.

Now I know you're not bothering to read the article.  BH is also buying stocks in other banks, one of which is BH's largest stake after its stake in Apple. And if you've paid any attention to Buffett or BH, you'd know he's currently in the process of turning over control because unlike some people, he has no delusions about living forever. He's almost 90 years old. He'll probably still have a veto over BH's major decisions until the day he dies, but he has definitely begun the transition process.

I didn't say he's selling his stocks in every bank lmao what are you talking about? You either don't understand what I'm saying or are trying to misrepresent my position.

I don't see how what you wrote could be construed as anything other than getting out of the banking sector, not a redirection of assets within the sector. If anyone misrepresented your position, it was you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies