Is it possible to convert away from the Catholic church? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:01:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is it possible to convert away from the Catholic church? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it possible to convert away from the Catholic church?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Is it possible to convert away from the Catholic church?  (Read 1384 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: February 25, 2012, 12:00:12 AM »

Your obsessions with these things is rather unhealthy.  How many threads are we going to have over this or some other disagreement?  I went to Catholic schools for 16 years and didn't talk about the RCC as you much as you have in these last years on the forum.  You are wasting your time and misdirecting energy that could be spent on more fruitful endeavors. If you love God, go ladle some soup for the homeless and not focus on this or some other sectarian squabble.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »

FWIW, I've found the preferred term among the many ex-Catholics I know to be "recovering Catholic".   Ive come across this more from the middle aged who used to get beat up by the frustrated old penguins. My experience; and for the most part my generation's experience, with nuns and Catholic education was markedly more positive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies