Pennsylvania (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:03:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Pennsylvania (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania  (Read 2482 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: April 29, 2009, 01:36:47 AM »

So, I just thought I'd ask if Republicans are of a mind to learn some lessons from what happened today, or if you all think it's politically insignificant and should just be blown off.  But hey, if you all have made up your minds about it and think what happened is totally insignificant and irrelevant to the future of the GOP, then fine, cede the rest of the easten seaboard above South Carolina while you're at it. 

Oh, yeah. We learned our lesson all right - plenty of GOP apologists that constantly made excuses for RINOs like Specter learned that you get burned by spineless opportunists.

We need to learn to abandon our principles and go with the "more electable" people when their only argument is "Vote for me if you want to win." This is why I'm really starting to dislike politics.

Anyway, keep feeding into this myth that the GOP will be politically insignificant. Remember when the Dems were going to be stuck in the permanent minority? Remember when you guys had to nominate someone like Mark Warner to ever stand a chance nationally?

Fact of the matter is the two situations aren't even comparable.  Yes, similar things were said about the Dems a few years ago.  Can things change?  Of course, however the GOP is in FAR worse shape than the Dems were four years ago.

So to dismiss the idea that the GOP doesn't need to change because the Dems didn't have to when the same things were said about them is absurd, because the circumstances are totally different.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies