Catholic Church in Austria falls apart - sort of (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:19:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Catholic Church in Austria falls apart - sort of (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Catholic Church in Austria falls apart - sort of  (Read 6206 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: August 31, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »

It seems only a question of time until similar public protests build momentum in many other countries of Western Europe. There is a huge gap between the teachings of the church and the way a huge majority of Catholics actually live. Now I am not a Catholic and nor do I sympathise with the Catholic Church, but for the church's sake it would be good if those people who are Catholics in name only or are reformists left the church (even if that would be nearly 75% of church members). It appears to me that the current situation only causes conflicts within the church.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 09:18:51 AM »

Mmmh why the liberal protestant churches, plenty of female and married pastors, in Europe are in deepest crisis, much more than catholic church? Curious, or not?

That's a correct observation. In Switzerland, for example, the offical protestant church, which has become very liberal and political in the recent decades, is losing members more rapidly than the catholic church.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies